Cannot Perform Recovery fron HP Discs dv6500t

C390

Hey All, Just joined the group and have found many good things here. OK here goes, I have a HP Pavillion dv6500t laptop,Intel DUO [email protected], Vista Home Premium 32b I had a bad recovery partition and tried my recovery discs that I made and they said they would not work so I ordered a new disc from HP. Ran the disc and got all the way through and then came up with recovery has failed, details or retry. Well in the details it says sku and region mismatch. Also in the report there is a TimeoutCheck ,Result = failed. I have gotten 3 discs from HP, all free but none work. One seemed to have worked but in the end I screwed that installation up. 3 lashes for my stupidity. I have read many Google posts but most were from '07-'08 when bad discs were the norm. SO I followed one of the suggestions and stopped FBI in startup after most of the disc loads and have most of the system working. Got all MS updates and updated all the drivers in device manager. SO now I have a partial install with no recovery drive. I have checked the HD and memory= pass. Checked Bios and good. I cannot get the set up where you select a languge, time, all the front end settings to come up. I have even partioned the HD for C: to 103.5G and D: to 8.50G which is empty since there is no recovery. I believe the Boot manager is either missing or bad. Got one message saying it is missing and compressed. Also when the recovery disc runs it assigns D: to CD drive and C: to main partition. I am wondering if since it makes CD a D: drive possibly it is misdirecting the boot process. I ran sfc/scannow and get no bad reports, also ran CHKDSCK and no problems.If you haven't guessed I am a newbie with some experience. Just enough to be dangerous. lol Hope someone sees this and can steer me in the right direction.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP/ Pavillion Laptop dv6500t RM098AV
    CPU
    Intel Duo Dual Core 1.5
    Memory
    3 G
    Hard Drives
    160G Sata

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Dell USB 4 button optical
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
I get past the black screen. Are you saying I need to adjust the SATA Operation? How would I do that? Thanks for the quick response.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Intel Duo Dual Core 1.5
    Memory
    3 G
    Hard Drives
    160G Sata
No what I am saying read the thread regarding the acutal install and try that. It should work. In your situation I know nothing about Sata, I think that you should try the correct procedure to install. If it does not work we move to next step.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Hello, I got as far as select disk and then entered 0 mine and then put clean all and the CMD comes back with this disk cannot be cleaned since the computer OS is on it. What to do?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Intel Duo Dual Core 1.5
    Memory
    3 G
    Hard Drives
    160G Sata
Did you boot from the DVD or the OS?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
I just tried it from CMD without the disc, should I put the disc in and reboot and hit space bar and the run CMD and do that

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Intel Duo Dual Core 1.5
    Memory
    3 G
    Hard Drives
    160G Sata
Im not there, but if you have actual install DVD, boot from the DVD and follow the procedure for a clean install, that I gave you in my first post. You can even try withouth the first part, just do the install.

Be warned, however, if these are not install DVDs you may lose the OS that is already on the computer. It does not work anyway.

Follow these instructions. Note boot from the CD. I think this is what you are doing wrong.
How to Restore an HP Computer to Factory Settings | eHow.com

Forget my initial post, for now, follow the article in this post.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Hey Rich, Sorry I missed you. Rebooted from recovery CD and took 3 hours to get back here. Did the same as before, before the recovery finishes I go to msconfig and disable FBI. When I have tried the System Recovery Manger from the disk the box opens and ask's do you want to do system retore, press yes. If I look in Advanced there are the little circles but no text next to them. I have been in the bios start up many times and made sure it was boot from CD then Hardrive press F10 to save and put in the disk and start., I have 3 recovery discs and tried them all many times. I know there is something I am missing. HP wants $269 to send it in, and I know all they will do is reimage the HD. When I set up the disks to run I never get a set up page for language, region, time, etc. I know your not here, I would love that. I know a little about what I am doing, but obviously not enough. I like your new link, but every time the disk goes in the OS goes out so I am stuck for 3 hours till I can get back to you. I have not even put the MS updates in yet since I will most likely be doing it all over agian. Any other ideas would be appreciated. I am in a wheelchair and really need this machine for everything. On top of that I am not well and it is dragging me down. Sorry for the pity party ! LOL Thanks for all of your help. Would like to get a few others before I go in to Recovery again. I liked the wipe the hard drive link, but as I said it would not let be do it. I made sure I was ADMI. I may have picked the wrong drive. But when it says select disk it shows just the one and it is 0. So I put in slect disk 0 or #0, it says cannot clean since it is operarting partiition.These are HP Recovery disks not Vista.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Intel Duo Dual Core 1.5
    Memory
    3 G
    Hard Drives
    160G Sata
I will not be able to get back until tomorrow. If you answer these questions, I may be able to help

Why did you want to restore originally?
Can the computer have any sort of hardware problem?
Are you sure that the DVDs are the right ones for your computer eg edition and 32 or 64 bit?
Are you sure that the DVDs are not corrupt?
Even though you set the BIOS to boot from the DVD are you sure that is what is happening?

Ill check your answers tomorrow

I really hope that we can get this working, again. I can just imagine how you feel.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
If you want to remove all OEM software and do a fresh install of just Vista contact me.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Lenovo Thinkpad T400
    CPU
    Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P8700 @ 2.53GHz
    Motherboard
    LENOVO 64734VM
    Memory
    2.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 531MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family
    Sound Card
    Conexant 20561 SmartAudio HD
    Monitor(s) Displays
    15 inch
    Screen Resolution
    1280 x 800
    Hard Drives
    1x 180GB Intel 530 series SSD
    1 x 120GB Hitachi 5400rmp
    1 x 650GB Western Digital Elements 5400rpm
    1x 1Tb Western Digital Elements 5400rpm
    Internet Speed
    Medium for New Zealand
    Other Info
    Weakest part of my computer is the graphics chipset.
    Only ever used a laptop.
    Also use USB Freeview TV Card
    Lenovo Docking Station
    External Speakers
    Other bits a pieces as needed
Did you make the disc when you bought the computer?
If you did that means you have a restore partion.
If you do just hit f11 during boot up.

Jimmy

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Gateway
    CPU
    intel core 2 Extreme QX6700
    Motherboard
    intel
    Memory
    3 gigs
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDA
    Sound Card
    Creative SB X-FI
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Gateway 24 HD Monitor
    Screen Resolution
    1920 by 1200 pixels
    Hard Drives
    2-500 gigabyte hard drive
    Western digtal
Yes I made disks when I got the computer and it now says they are no good. I can get the computer running after the whole HP Recovery disk runs and then on last boot disable FBI in start up in Boot Manager msconfig start up. I tried again twice last night and have been at it for over 2 weeks now. HP says that it maybe a mother board issue and wants $269 to have it repaired. It seems to me that there is something wrong when the HP recovery disk runs and there is no Vista set up where you would set up language, region, time,etc. It could be boot manager? Almost always when the disk runs through and shows CTOERROR.LOG everything is fine except the sku& region= mismatch and the TimeOut Check Result = Failed. I have 3 of the HP recovery disks and they all pretty much do the same thing. I just checked memory now I will run some other tests. As far as burning disks when you get the computer I am not alone in finding out later that they do not work when the time comes. Thanks

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Intel Duo Dual Core 1.5
    Memory
    3 G
    Hard Drives
    160G Sata
My suggestion is to use the restore partion
instead of the discs.
I do not know what FBI is but maybe if you do not disale it
and leave to do its thing it will work.

Jimmy

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Gateway
    CPU
    Motherboard
    intel
    Memory
    3 gigs
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDA
    Sound Card
    Creative SB X-FI
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Gateway 24 HD Monitor
    Screen Resolution
    1920 by 1200 pixels
    Hard Drives
    Western digtal
Hey Rich, well originally my C: drive became unstable and then when I used F11 the recovery partition it showed up as corrupt. I decided to use recovery discs to do full install recovery. I have run chkdsc, memory, sfc/scannow,anything I could find. All say things are good. HP sent me the same disk all 3 times Pavillion Vista Home Premium 32B with the same part number. # 446538003. All go through the recovery and end up with installation failed, retry or details. Details all show sku & region mismatch and Timeout ,TimeoutCheck Result= Failed. I have reset the start to CD many times and as soon as it starts you can hear and feel the drive going. Odd thing is after the CTO ERROR.LOG I can reboot and get back to desktop and disable FBI and thing go goood. Now I could use it that way, but not my favorite choice. I would like to get a new C: and D: Recovery drive. Like I said I have no way to know if there is a glitch in the MB or not. After I run recovery and run sfc/scannow it shows no problems. I have googled and found way back in 07-08 they had problems with the disks "Bricking" the computer. Thankfully I am not at that point, but not at optimal condition either. It says Boot manager is missing and compressed in the BOOTSECT file in C: NotePad.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Intel Duo Dual Core 1.5
    Memory
    3 G
    Hard Drives
    160G Sata
You could have a bad hard drive.
Or you could have a bad wire leading to the drive.
Maybe it is loose?
Have you tried to update your drivers after install?

Jimmy

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Gateway
    CPU
    Motherboard
    intel
    Memory
    3 gigs
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDA
    Sound Card
    Creative SB X-FI
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Gateway 24 HD Monitor
    Screen Resolution
    1920 by 1200 pixels
    Hard Drives
    Western digtal
I would remove all my personal files and folders and do a fresh install.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Lenovo Thinkpad T400
    CPU
    Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P8700 @ 2.53GHz
    Motherboard
    LENOVO 64734VM
    Memory
    2.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 531MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family
    Sound Card
    Conexant 20561 SmartAudio HD
    Monitor(s) Displays
    15 inch
    Screen Resolution
    1280 x 800
    Hard Drives
    1x 180GB Intel 530 series SSD
    1 x 120GB Hitachi 5400rmp
    1 x 650GB Western Digital Elements 5400rpm
    1x 1Tb Western Digital Elements 5400rpm
    Internet Speed
    Medium for New Zealand
    Other Info
    Weakest part of my computer is the graphics chipset.
    Only ever used a laptop.
    Also use USB Freeview TV Card
    Lenovo Docking Station
    External Speakers
    Other bits a pieces as needed
Here is the CTOERROR.LOG/; -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; PREINCHK.LOG is used to merge all the ISLOGCHK.LOG and the REGDEV.LOG files of all the languages processed during FPP.
; ***NOTE: If there are any errors (FAILED) found and logged below, please include/submit all the files
; under "C:\SYSTEM.SAV\LOGS" directory for investigations.
; -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
=======================================================================================
SKU Number : 436786-002
Image Revision : 27
Language Processed : US
Model Name : HP Pavilion dv6500 Notebook PC
Brand Type : 2
Brand Description : PAVILION
SKU & Models Region Check: WARNING MISMATCH
=======================================================================================
[ISLogFilesChecked]
LogFile1: C:\SWSETUP\QPW\QPWSETUP.LOG => PASSED
LogFile2: C:\MUVEE.LOG => PASSED
LogFile3: C:\SWSETUP\AUDIO\SETUP.LOG => PASSED
LogFile4: C:\SWSETUP\QLB\DISK1\SETUP.LOG => PASSED
[ISLogCheck]
RESULT=PASSED
[CDCAppsChecked]
CDCApp1: MMFLASH9 => PASSED.
CDCApp2: MS_Works => PASSED.
CDCApp3: HPQUICKLAUNCHBUTTON => PASSED.
CDCApp4: LightScribe => PASSED.
[CDCCheck]
RESULT=PASSED
[TimeOutLinesFound]
TimedOut1:[23:38:13.213] WARNING-=-Timeout with setup.exe
[TimeOutCheck]
RESULT=FAILED
[DMPFileCheck]
RESULT=PASSED
[BadDataLinesFound]
[BadDataCheck]
RESULT=PASSED
[RegistryDevicesCheck]
Result=PASSED

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Intel Duo Dual Core 1.5
    Memory
    3 G
    Hard Drives
    160G Sata
Here is the BOOTSECT Report/ëRNTFS  ø ? ÿ  € € ÿÿß ÿÿ- ö  >0ΘgΘì ú3ÀŽÐ¼ |ûhÀhf ˈ f> NTFSu´A»ªUÍr ûUªu÷Á uéÒ ƒìh ´HŠ ‹ôÍŸƒÄžXrá; uÛ£ Á. Z3Û¹ +Èfÿ  ŽÂÿ è@ +Èwï¸ »Íf#Àu-fûTCPAu$ùrh»hph fSfSfUh¸faÍéjf`f¡ f fh fPSh h ´BŠ ‹ôÍfY[ZfYfY‚ fÿ  ŽÂÿ u¼faà øè ûè ëþ´‹ð¬< t ´» ÍëòÃ
A disk read error occurred
BOOTMGR is missing
BOOTMGR is compressed
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart
€²Ê Uª B O O T M G R  $ I 3 0 à 0 ë" N T L D R f· f¶
f÷ãf£Rf‹@ €ù  öÙf¸ fÓàëf¡Rf÷áf£ff· f3Òf÷óf£Vè•f‹Nf‰&fff‰*fff‰.fff‰>fff‰Ff¸ f‹&èƒ f À„Sþf£2f¸ f‹*èj f£6f¸° f‹.èX f£:f¡2f À„ þg€x …þgfPgBgf¶H f‰rgf‹Hf‰nf¡nf· f3Òf÷ñf£vf¡Ffnf£Jfƒ>6 „ fƒ>: „Äýf‹:f‹>Jf¡.èàf· f¸ è"f À… f·Zf¸\ è f À„B gf‹ f‹>>è?f¡>f» f¹ fº èä f…À…# f¡>f»€ f¹ fº èÄ f À…D éñ f3Òf¹€ f¡>èÊf À„Ú f‹>>èÛf¡>f»€ f¹ fº è€ f À„° gf·X fãÿ …¥ f‹Øh f+ÿf¡>è h f+ÿf¡>è¬
Š ¸èŽÀ6 +Àh PËf`f‹Úf¶
f÷áf£ f‹Ãf÷ᣠ‹ßƒãŒÀfÁïÇPè3üfaÃg@gfƒ8ÿ„L gf9…3 f É…
g€x …# Ãg:H … f‹ðgp
è—fQf‹úó§fY… Ãgfƒx „ gf@ë«f+ÀÃf‹óèlgf g÷@  …4 gfPg:J@… gfrBèIfQf‹ûó§fY… Ãgƒx „ g@ëÂf3ÀÃg€{ … f`gfSgf‹
f‹ógró¤faÃfPgfSf…À…
gf‹JfAëgf‹Bf3Òf÷6Rf‹Èf+Àf^è Ãf`g€{„ ékûfƒù … faÃfSfPfQfVfWè‘f‹Ñf_f^fYf…À„4 f;Ê f‹Ñè‚þf+Êf‹Úf‹Âf¶
f÷âf· f÷âføfXfÃf[ëŸf…ö„ûfQfWgf¶C f…À„ fÑàf+àf‹üfTfVgf·s
fóf‹Èó¤f^ëfPfPgf‹fPgf‹CfPgf‹V f…Ò„ f‹þf‹Âèqf‹ÆfZfYfBfQfVè?f…À„’úf^fYf‹þèNf‹Æf‹ÙfYfZfQfVfÑéèøýf…À„kúf^fYfáf_fYf‹ÐfXf[f‹Úéõþf`&gf·_&gf·Of É„9úfßfƒÃfÇþ fIf É„ &g‹&g‰fƒÃfÇ  fIëâfaÃf`f¸ f£"f¡fff£jfff£Nf¡0 f¶
f÷ãf‹Nf‰f£ ƒÃf¡Vf‰£ ƒÃf‰Nf‹è\ùf‹ûèQÿf¡f» f¹ fº èýf À„f‹Øf‹>f3Àè¢ýf‹f?€ „ë _ëðfSf‹Gf÷&VfPf3Òf¶
f÷ófRèÜ f À„9ùf‹Vf¶
f÷ãfZfÂf‹Nf‰ƒÃf¶
f+Âf;Á† f‹Áf‰f+ÈfZ„u fÂfPf3Òf¶
f÷ófQè‚ fYf À„Ýøf¶
f÷ãf‹Nf‹ƒÃff;Ð… f¶
f;Á† f‹Áf륃Ãf‰Nf‰ƒÃf¶
f;Á† f‹Áf‰낃Ãfÿ"f‰Nf[_f?€ „ ÿfaÃf‹Ðf‹"f‹6jf6ffRfQfRf‹jf‹>Vf‹f£ ƒÆf‹£ ƒÆèÝ÷f+ø„ ÷& ØëÙf‹>jè¿ýf¡jf»€ f¹ f‹Ñèûf À„ô÷f‹ØfXfVè,f^f À„ f[f[ÃfYfZâ„f3ÀÃf`fPfQf3Òf¶
f÷ófRfWèSÿf_f À„®÷f¶
f÷ãfZfÂf£ fYf¶
f;ËŽ ‰ f+ËfXfÃfPfQëfXfÁfP‰ f¹ fQfW‹ßƒãŒÀfÁïÇPè÷f_f>RfYfXfƒù pÿfaÃf`f÷&Vf‹VèUÿèÒüfaÃf`f÷&rf‹6f‹rf‹6*f‹>Fèûè§üfaÃfPfSfQf‹Jf‹ÈfÁèfƒáfØf¸ fÓàg„„ øëùfYf[fXÃg€{„ f+ÀÃgfsgf‹Vf;‡ gf‹f;ƒ f+ÀÃg^f+ög€; „> è fñè9 fÊf;ÁŒ! f‹ÑfPgf¶ f‹ÁfƒàfÁéfÙfØfCfXëÄf+Èf+ÂfÆÃf+ÀÃf+ÉgŠ €áfƒù … f+ÉÃfSfRfÙgf¾fIfKfƒù „
fÁâgŠfKfIëëf‹ÊfZf[ÃfSfRf+ÒgŠfƒâf+ÉgŠ Àéfƒù … f+ÉfZf[ÃfÚfÙgf¾fIfKfƒù „
fÁâgŠfKfIëëf‹ÊfZf[Ãf É… ÃfQfVgƒ>aŒ gƒ>z gƒ. fƒÆâæf^fYÃfPfQf‹Ðf¡2gfXgCgf@f‹ÚèDùf À„ fYfYÃf¡6f À… fYfYf3ÀÃf‹6gfRgf‹Bf3Òf÷6nf3öfPfVfXf^f;Æ„: fVf@fPfHèþrèèëýfZf^fYf[fSfQfVfRf¡Fgf@èÐøf ÀtÄfYfYfYfYÃfYfYf3ÀÃfQfPf¸ f‹ùèýf‹Áf» f¹ fº è3øf[fYf…À… f‹Áf·fº èøë3f3Òf‹Áf‹ËfPfSè# f[f_f À„ è5ýf‹Çf·fº èá÷ÃfRfQf» f¹ fº èÇ÷f À„c f‹Øf‹>f3ÀèYøf‹fYfZ&f9… &f9W„1 ë&fƒ?ÿ„/ &ƒ „& &f·GØ‹Ã% €tËŒÀ ŽÀãÿë¾&f‹GÃfYfZf3ÀÃfPfQf‹ÇfÁèYÈQfƒçfYfXÃ`¾½
¿ ¹
ó¥aÃ#Eg‰«Íïþܺ˜vT2ðáÒà `‹6 &ŠˆGFfÿ þ` uè[ ¾ âæ‰6 aÃf`‹6 °€ˆF2Àþ` uè: ¾ þX uéf3Àf£X f¡ fÁàfÈf£\ è » f‹fÈf‰ƒÃû4 uîfaÃf`» f‹fÈf‰ƒÃû` uî» f‹f‹Wf‹wf‹ f‹o» Ç 0Æ S‹ ÿfG[fèf/f‹ÁfÁÀfÅf‹ïf‹þf‹òfÁÆf‹Ñf‹Èf‹f3Gf3G f3G4fÑÀf‰G@ƒÃþ u²ƒ > HuŸ» ffWfwf fofaÃf‹Æf3Çf#Âf3ÇÃf‹Âf3Æf3ÇÃfSf‹Âf#Æf‹Úf#ßf Ãf‹Þf#ßf Ãf[Ãü™y‚Z ¡ëÙnܼ ÖÁbÊf`f3Û¸ »Íf#À…» fûTCPA…° ù‚¨ faf`g€{ … gfSgf‹
ë%gfSgf‹J(fù  ƒ gf‹B,f#À„ f3Éèõýf#É„2 fº € f;ʆ f+ÊfQfWfRf‹Êè·ýèûýfZf_fYfúëÚè¥ýèéýè þf»TCPAf¿ f¹ f¸» fº
f3öÍfaà ùé@ñ úé:ñ

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Intel Duo Dual Core 1.5
    Memory
    3 G
    Hard Drives
    160G Sata
Here is the CSPU Report/; ***************** Start of Process Sections ****************************

; *** Windows XP Sections ***
; **** XP Home
[FactoryPreinstall.Winxp32C.GLOBAL.RTR]
PRE.FactoryPreinstall.WinXP.GLOBAL.RTR
SetVar(FBITB.FilesTools,SourceDir,C:\VistaXP.32)
SetVar(FBITB.FilesTools,DestDir,C:)
TransitDir
SetVar(FBITB.FilesTools,SourceDir,C:\Winxp32C)
POST.FactoryPreinstall.WinXP.GLOBAL.RTR
; **** XP Pro
[FactoryPreinstall.Winxp32P.GLOBAL.RTR]
TransitDir
SetVar(FBITB.FilesTools,SourceDir,C:\Winxp32P)
; **** XP Pro x64
[FactoryPreinstall.WinXP64X.GLOBAL.RTR]
SetVar(FBITB.FilesTools,SourceDir,C:\Winxp64.ALL)
TransitDir
SetVar(FBITB.FilesTools,SourceDir,C:\VistaXP.64)
TransitDir
SetVar(FBITB.FilesTools,SourceDir,C:\Winxp64X)

; *** Windows Vista Sections ***
; **** Starter Edition
[FactoryPreinstall.WV32SE.GLOBAL.RTR]
PRE.FactoryPreinstall.Vista.GLOBAL.RTR
TransitDir
SetVar(FBITB.FilesTools,SourceDir,C:\Vista.32)
TransitDir
SetVar(FBITB.FilesTools,SourceDir,C:\WV32SE)
POST.FactoryPreinstall.Vista.GLOBAL.RTR
; **** Home Basic
[FactoryPreinstall.WV32HB.GLOBAL.RTR]
TransitDir
TransitDir
SetVar(FBITB.FilesTools,SourceDir,C:\WV32HB)
; ***** Home Basic x64
[FactoryPreinstall.WV64HB.GLOBAL.RTR]
TransitDir
SetVar(FBITB.FilesTools,SourceDir,C:\Vista.64)
TransitDir
SetVar(FBITB.FilesTools,SourceDir,C:\WV64HB)
; ***** Home Premium
[FactoryPreinstall.WV32HP.GLOBAL.RTR]
TransitDir
TransitDir
SetVar(FBITB.FilesTools,SourceDir,C:\WV32HP)
; ***** Home Premium x64
[FactoryPreinstall.WV64HP.GLOBAL.RTR]
TransitDir
TransitDir
SetVar(FBITB.FilesTools,SourceDir,C:\WV64HP)
; ***** Professional
[FactoryPreinstall.WV32PR.GLOBAL.RTR]
TransitDir
TransitDir
SetVar(FBITB.FilesTools,SourceDir,C:\WV32PR)
; ***** Professional x64
[FactoryPreinstall.WV64PR.GLOBAL.RTR]
TransitDir
TransitDir
SetVar(FBITB.FilesTools,SourceDir,C:\WV64PR)
; ***** Ultimate Edition
[FactoryPreinstall.WV32UL.GLOBAL.RTR]
TransitDir
TransitDir
SetVar(FBITB.FilesTools,SourceDir,C:\WV32UL)
; ***** Ultimate Edition x64
[FactoryPreinstall.WV64UL.GLOBAL.RTR]
TransitDir
TransitDir
SetVar(FBITB.FilesTools,SourceDir,C:\WV64UL)

;WinXP Common Sections
[PRE.FactoryPreinstall.WinXP.GLOBAL.RTR]
C:\system.sav\fbi\pretransit.bto
c:\system.sav\fbi\osmove2.exe /capture
SetVar(FBITB.FilesTools,SourceDir,C:\Global)
TransitDir
TransitLocaleDir
C:\SYSTEM.SAV\FBI\RMNT4DLV.BTO
SetVar(FBITB.FilesTools,SourceDir,C:\Winxp2k.32)
TransitDir
SetVar(FBITB.FilesTools,SourceDir,C:\Winxp32.ALL)
TransitDir
SetVar(FBITB.FilesTools,SourceDir,C:\Winxp.ALL)
TransitDir
SetVar(FBITB.FilesTools,SourceDir,C:\VistaXP.ALL)
TransitDir
[POST.FactoryPreinstall.WinXP.GLOBAL.RTR]
TransitDir
TransitOsFiles;
FBI.InitProgressBar
SetVar(FbiData,ProcessState,PreOsScripts)
c:\appl.zip\init\init.bto
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\preos.pi)
ProcessBTOName
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\preos)
ProcessBTOName
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\preos.EUE)
ProcessBTOName
;TransitBootLoader;
SetupCleanupDirectories
DelOsFiles
SetVar(FbiData,ProcessState,OsSetup)
SetVar(Configuration,EnableDelayStartup,1)
SystemReboot;
ACPower
;FactoryWaitStart
HookFBIToRunAgain;
CheckForOsTransit;
SetVar(FbiData,ProcessState,PostOsScripts)
InitPostOSVars
GetOSInfo
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\osupdate.pi)
ProcessBTOName
c:\system.sav\scripts\Wait.bto
SystemReboot;
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\osupdate)
ProcessBTOName
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\osupdate.EUE)
ProcessBTOName
SystemReboot;
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\drivers)
ProcessBTOName
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\drivers.eue)
ProcessBTOName
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\install.pi)
ProcessBTOName
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\install)
ProcessBTOName
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\install.EUE)
ProcessBTOName
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\install2.pi)
ProcessBTOName
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\install2)
ProcessBTOName
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\install2.EUE)
ProcessBTOName
C:\appl.zip\ie_more\ie.bto
InitPostOSVars
GetOSInfo
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\ie_more)
ProcessBTOName
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\ie_more.EUE)
ProcessBTOName
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\ie_more2)
ProcessBTOName
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\ie_more2.EUE)
ProcessBTOName
SetVar(UIA,ErrorCode,946)
WriteUIAErrorCode;
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\test)
ProcessBTOName
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\preclean.up)
ProcessBTOName
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\preclean.EUE)
ProcessBTOName
CheckForErrorFlag
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\custom.sav\install.EUE)
ProcessBTOName
c:\system.sav\fbi\regflush.exe
SystemReboot;
CDCMakeLog
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\cleanup.pi)
ProcessBTOName
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\cleanup)
ProcessBTOName
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\cleanup.EUE)
ProcessBTOName
Winxp.Finish.NoSelect
[Winxp.Finish.NoSelect]
;FBI.EnableHW
CleanEventLog
c:\system.sav\scripts\rstoobe.bto
c:\system.sav\scripts\backupmbr.bto
FactoryPreinstall.Cleanup
FactoryPreinstall.Done
Winxp.FBI.Done
[Winxp.Finish.Select]
FactoryPreinstall.Cleanup.Select
c:\system.sav\scripts\bootldr.bto
CleanEventLog
FactoryWaitEnd
SystemReboot; -- Instead of: FactoryWaitEnd
c:\system.sav\scripts\fxwinbom.bto
FactoryPreinstall.Done.Select

;Vista Common Sections
[PRE.FactoryPreinstall.Vista.GLOBAL.RTR]
C:\system.sav\fbi\pretransit.bto
c:\system.sav\fbi\osmove2.exe /capture
SetVar(FBITB.FilesTools,SourceDir,C:\Global)
TransitDir
TransitLocaleDir
C:\SYSTEM.SAV\FBI\RMNT4DLV.BTO
SetVar(FBITB.FilesTools,SourceDir,C:\VistaXP.ALL)
TransitDir
SetVar(FBITB.FilesTools,SourceDir,C:\Vista.ALL)
TransitDir
[POST.FactoryPreinstall.Vista.GLOBAL.RTR]
TransitDir
TransitOsFiles;
FBI.InitProgressBar
SetVar(FbiData,ProcessState,PreOsScripts)
c:\appl.zip\init\init.bto
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\preos.pi)
ProcessBTOName
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\preos)
ProcessBTOName
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\preos.EUE)
ProcessBTOName
;TransitBootLoader;
SetupCleanupDirectories
DelOsFiles
SetVar(FbiData,ProcessState,OsSetup)
SetVar(Configuration,EnableDelayStartup,1)
SystemReboot;
ACPower
;FactoryWaitStart
HookFBIToRunAgain;
CheckForOsTransit;
SetVar(FbiData,ProcessState,PostOsScripts)
InitPostOSVars
GetOSInfo
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\osupdate.pi)
ProcessBTOName
SystemReboot;
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\osupdate)
ProcessBTOName
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\osupdate.EUE)
ProcessBTOName
SystemReboot;
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\drivers)
ProcessBTOName
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\drivers.eue)
ProcessBTOName
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\install.pi)
ProcessBTOName
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\install)
ProcessBTOName
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\install.EUE)
ProcessBTOName
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\install2.pi)
ProcessBTOName
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\install2)
ProcessBTOName
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\install2.EUE)
ProcessBTOName
C:\appl.zip\ie_more\ie.bto
InitPostOSVars
GetOSInfo
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\ie_more)
ProcessBTOName
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\ie_more.EUE)
ProcessBTOName
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\ie_more2)
ProcessBTOName
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\ie_more2.EUE)
ProcessBTOName
SetVar(UIA,ErrorCode,946)
WriteUIAErrorCode;
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\test)
ProcessBTOName
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\preclean.up)
ProcessBTOName
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\preclean.EUE)
ProcessBTOName
CheckForErrorFlag
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\custom.sav\install.EUE)
ProcessBTOName
SystemReboot;
CDCMakeLog
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\cleanup.pi)
ProcessBTOName
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\cleanup)
ProcessBTOName
SetVar(FBIData,BTOName,C:\appl.zip\cleanup.EUE)
ProcessBTOName
Vista.Finish.NoSelect
[Vista.Finish.NoSelect]
;FBI.EnableHW
CleanEventLog
c:\system.sav\scripts\backupmbr.bto
Vista.FactoryPreinstall.Cleanup
FactoryPreinstall.Done
Vista.FBI.Done
[Vista.Finish.Select]
FactoryPreinstall.Cleanup.Select
c:\system.sav\scripts\bootldr.bto
CleanEventLog
;FactoryWaitEnd
c:\system.sav\scripts\fxwinbom.bto
FactoryPreinstall.Done.Select
;*********************************************************************************
[FactoryPreinstall.Cleanup]
c:\system.sav\scripts\postrtr.bto
SetVar(FbiData,ProcessState,Cleanup)
UnHookFBIToRunAgain
c:\system.sav\scripts\WPEBack.bto
CleanEventLog
ExitFBI
c:\system.sav\scripts\OSBack.bto
c:\system.sav\scripts\delwinpe.bto
SetupCleanupDirectories
DelOsFiles
DelApplZipFiles
DelGeneralFiles
DelCvaLangFiles
DelCvaInfoFiles
SetVar(GUIPBMain,Full,1)
DelMiniWindowsFiles
c:\system.sav\util\abST_RP.bto
c:\system.sav\util\MBRINST.BTO
[Vista.FactoryPreinstall.Cleanup]
c:\system.sav\scripts\postrtr.bto
UnHookFBIToRunAgain
c:\system.sav\scripts\WPEBack.bto
CleanEventLog
;ExitFBI
c:\system.sav\scripts\OSBack.bto
c:\system.sav\scripts\delwinpe.bto
SetupCleanupDirectories
DelOsFiles
DelApplZipFiles
DelGeneralFiles
DelCvaLangFiles
DelCvaInfoFiles
SetVar(GUIPBMain,Full,1)
DelMiniWindowsFiles
c:\system.sav\util\abST_RP.bto
c:\system.sav\util\MBRINST.BTO
[FactoryPreinstall.Cleanup.Select]
UnHookFBIToRunAgain
SetVar(GUIPBMain,Full,1)
;FBI.EnableHW

[FactoryPreinstall.Done]
SetVar(FBITB.ProcessTools,ErrorFlagPath,C:\CTOERROR.FLG)
CheckForErrorFlag
;this section is processed in miniwindows
HideActivity
;setvar(GUISingleOK,ResDLLName,x)
setvar(GUISingleOK,BMPResID,278)
setvar(GUISingleOK,AccelResID,179)
setvar(GUISingleOK,NoFail,1)
;ShowSingleOK
setvar(GUISingleOK,NoFail,0)
c:\system.sav\fbi\mosproc.exe
SetVar(UIA,ErrorCode,947)
WriteUIAErrorCode;