I can't rename and move/drag folders, eventhough I've tried all methods from answer.microsoft.com and some related forums. When I created a new folder and then tried to rename it, the folder's name won't be changed. Also, I can't move or drag or cut-and-paste any existing folder to another place. There is no error message showing.
I've tried doing these:
1. I've taken the ownership, but the problem persisted.
2. I've followed the method from "The file or folder does not exist" error in Windows Vista, but the problem still persisted.
3. I've checked HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FolderDescriptions registry, everything is normal and conformed to KnownFolderID.
4. I've performed System Restore. Unfortunately, the oldest history only until Sep 30th, the date of the problem occurred. I hope I could find the older one.
5. When I tried the method from How to analyze the log file entries that the Microsoft Windows Resource Checker (SFC.exe) program generates in Windows Vista, the following messages appeared on console:
Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.
Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 78% complete.
Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.
What's that mean???
The problem might be occurred while I was interrupting HDD defragmentation process on Sep 30th. I had canceled the process before it finished completely. Before I defragmented my disk, everything was normal. I've restarted the defragmentation process, and tried to wait until it has finished completely. But, the problem still persisted.
Yes, you're right. Now I can rename the folder again. My Vista works properly under my new admin account. UNFORTUNATELY, I lost all my user data and some applications. Because they're under my previous admin account. How to retrieve them? But, it will be appreciated if you, please, tell me how I can use my old account in normally again..
If you've already posted how to get my old account in normally, please show me which the page is.. If you don't, please suggest me what should I do to get all my data and applications back again?