Canon MP190 printer driver won't install?

My Computers

System One System Two

• Operating System
    Windows 8.1 Industry Pro x64
    Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavillion Elite HPE-250f
    CPU
    Intel i7 860 Quad core 2.8 ghz
    Memory
    8 gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 gb ram
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Alienware 25 AW2521HF
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080 &1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    1 TB x2
    Other Info
    https://www.cnet.com/products/hp-pavilion-elite-hpe-250f/
  • Operating System
    Windows 2012 R2 Data center/Linux Mint
    Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Poweredge T140
    CPU
    i3 9100 3.6GHz, 8M cache, 4C/4T
    Memory
    8GB 2666MT/s DDR4 ECC UDIMM
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    1 TB & 360 GB x2
    Other Info
    https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/productdetailstxn/poweredge-t140?~ck=bt
I think One Drive gives you 15 GB free. MikeG, you mentioned saving stuff to a external drive. I do have a Seagate 1TB external drive, but it has auto-backup software that requires NetFrameWork 4.0 to run, which also won't install on my machine. As I've tried to install NF 4.0 several times to no avail.

Is there a way to bypass the auto backup feature to do transfer files and programs manually? I used Windows Easy Transfer (WET) about a year ago to put files onto it, but that needs to be updated to current date. I'm not sure how thorough WET is? If I can get my files/programs transferred to the external drive it would cut down on the time the tech has to be at my place, which is mo-money$$. I also have 3 empty flash drives, 8, 8, and 64GB's.

I'm guessing the tech will likely use imaging utilities to save old files and stuff for transferring back onto the new OS once installed. I'm not that familiar with using that stuff?

Thanks again, Vista32.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer Aspire 5920
    CPU
    Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T5550 @ 1.83GHz 52 °C Merom 65nm Tec
    Motherboard
    Acer, Inc. Chapala (U2E1)
    Memory
    Type DDR2 Size 4096 MBytes Channels # Dual DRAM Frequency 333.3 MHz CAS# Latency (CL) 5 clocks RAS#
    Sound Card
    Realtek High Definition Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Generic PnP Monitor on Sherry 1.3.1 Driver for 945 and 965
    Screen Resolution
    Pretty good!
    Hard Drives
    Was Western Digital 250GB HDD with 3 bad sectors. 6 minutes to start page & Internet.

Now Seagate Momentus XT 750GB SSHD. Huge difference in start up times. 30-50 seconds. Snot to bad for a SSHD.
    Case
    Mental case.
    Cooling
    Ice cubes.
    Keyboard
    Yes
    Mouse
    Mickey
    Internet Speed
    54 Mbps
Thanks townsbg. I did try sfc /scannow but it wouldn't run, I forgot why? But I did run a Windows All in One Repair program which runs a series of tests including sfc /scannow. After I did this still couldn't install the printer driver. :shock::confused:
But thanks for the suggestion.

Vista32.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer Aspire 5920
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Type DDR2 Size 4096 MBytes Channels # Dual DRAM Frequency 333.3 MHz CAS# Latency (CL) 5 clocks RAS#
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Pretty good!
    Hard Drives
    Was Western Digital 250GB HDD with 3 bad sectors. 6 minutes to start page & Internet.

Now Seagate Momentus XT 750GB SSHD. Huge difference in start up times. 30-50 seconds. Snot to bad for a SSHD.
    Case
    Mental case.
    Cooling
    Ice cubes.
    Keyboard
    Yes
    Mouse
    Mickey
    Internet Speed
    54 Mbps
What happens when you try SFC? Also what program did you use? Please provide the URL.

My Computers

System One System Two

• Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Memory
    8 gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Alienware 25 AW2521HF
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080 &1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    1 TB x2
    Other Info
  • Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Poweredge T140
    CPU
    Memory
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    1 TB & 360 GB x2
    Other Info
What happens when you try SFC? Also what program did you use? Please provide the URL.

Thanks. It says: Dude, there's a system repair pending which requires a reboot to complete. Restart Windows and run sfc again.

I have no fnclue what repair "it" is referring to? But I've restarted and reran an Administrative Command Prompt sfc /scannow several times and I get the same message each time?

Tweaking.com....(All in One Windows Repair).

Thanks, Vista32.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer Aspire 5920
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Pretty good!
    Hard Drives

Case
    Mental case.
    Cooling
    Ice cubes.
    Keyboard
    Yes
    Mouse
    Mickey
    Internet Speed
    54 Mbps
See this thread for the pending reboot issue. Force SFC to Run in Windows 7

I don't know anything about that program but it looks to me that it modifies the registry and the general consensus among forums such as this one is not to touch such programs.

My Computers

System One System Two

• Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Memory
    8 gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Alienware 25 AW2521HF
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080 &1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    1 TB x2
    Other Info
  • Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Poweredge T140
    CPU
    Memory
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    1 TB & 360 GB x2
    Other Info
That program does several things, but I haven't heard or seen anyone complain about it?

But at any rate, irrelevant now that I've upgraded from Vista 32 to Windows 7/64 Professional. Changed my HDD to SSHD, huge difference in start up times. Windows Vista/HDD to start up page/Internet 6 minutes :(:(. Windows 7/SSHD to start up page/Internet 24-40 seconds :):).

After the upgrades I got a printer driver update from MS, but it wouldn't install. So I turned off MSSE, which allowed the driver to install. So the driver is now installed, but I still have a printer error message on my screen: "The ink absorber is full. Contact the service center." With error code: E27 flashing on my printer.

I looked online for directions, tried a few, but the error message and code is still there. Canon's site doesn't have any info or fix with this specific printer error message/code. I sent another e-mail to Canon, maybe I'll get a reply on Monday? Some of the YouTube videos on the error code/message are of poor quality. It's real hard to get your hands inside the printer to clean those ink pads or to get at the cradle the ink absorber sits in. I cleaned the ink pads (really small).

I just need to find a way to reset the printer to get rid of that error message/code E27. Has something to do with the number of times the printer goes through a deep cleaning cycle process. The printer has a counter somewhere in the printer and will do the cleaning process a certain number of times, before it starts popping up error messages on your computer screen and flashing alarm lights on the printer. Which prevents use of the printer, until you fix it. But no directions how to fix it in the printer manual?

Vista32, but now Win 7/64. :):)

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer Aspire 5920
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Pretty good!
    Hard Drives

Case
    Mental case.
    Cooling
    Ice cubes.
    Keyboard
    Yes
    Mouse
    Mickey
    Internet Speed
    54 Mbps
Sounds like you have a hardware issue with your printer. If you don't know how to fix the problem you should either take it to a computer repair shop, contact the manufacturer (if it is still in warranty), or get a new one. :( It's interesting the AV software blocked driver install. Did you have MSE on Vista? Perhaps that was your issue. I think that your issues went deeper than that though.

My Computers

System One System Two

• Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Memory
    8 gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Alienware 25 AW2521HF
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080 &1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    1 TB x2
    Other Info
  • Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Poweredge T140
    CPU
    Memory
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    1 TB & 360 GB x2
    Other Info
Sounds like you have a hardware issue with your printer. If you don't know how to fix the problem you should either take it to a computer repair shop, contact the manufacturer (if it is still in warranty), or get a new one. :( It's interesting the AV software blocked driver install. Did you have MSE on Vista? Perhaps that was your issue. I think that your issues went deeper than that though.

Thanks for replying. I do have an issue with my printer ink absorber as explained below. A fix for the problem is beyond Canon's service agents. Other than cleaning the ink absorber and resetting the printer. I did both, but didn't work. If it works for someone else then your okay, if not, then you have to either take it apart yourself and try to fix it, or have a tech do it. But techs cost money and the printer is not really worth paying someone to fix it. If I have to pay a tech an hour or two to fix it, I might as well use that $$ to buy a new/better one. :)

I downloaded and tried to install the printer driver, but it failed to install on Vista with MSSE on or off. It also failed to install on Windows 7 with MSSE on, but the updates installed on Win 7 with MSSE disconnected. And yes I did have Vista OS and HDD issues, and the reason for changing/upgrading both.

One Update was for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 for x64-based Systems (KB973688) Failed with Error Code 643.

The other update: Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 for x64-based Systems (KB954430). Installation status: Failed Error details: Code 643.

You would think MS would put a note with certain updates that MSSE should be turned off in order to install the update successfully.

But thanks for yours and others time and input. It appears the only sensible resolution is to buy another printer. Which can be a good thing. :)

Thanks, Vista, now Win 7. :D

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer Aspire 5920
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    Pretty good!
    Hard Drives

Case
    Mental case.
    Cooling
    Ice cubes.
    Keyboard
    Yes
    Mouse
    Mickey
    Internet Speed
    54 Mbps
Thanks for replying. I do have an issue with my printer ink absorber as explained below. A fix for the problem is beyond Canon's service agents. Other than cleaning the ink absorber and resetting the printer. I did both, but didn't work. If it works for someone else then your okay, if not, then you have to either take it apart yourself and try to fix it, or have a tech do it. But techs cost money and the printer is not really worth paying someone to fix it. If I have to pay a tech an hour or two to fix it, I might as well use that $$ to buy a new/better one. :)

I agree with you there but you might be surprised.

My Computers

System One System Two

• Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Memory
    8 gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Alienware 25 AW2521HF
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080 &1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    1 TB x2
    Other Info
  • Operating System
    Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Poweredge T140
    CPU
    Memory
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    1 TB & 360 GB x2
    Other Info
Back