Can't Customise Firefox3 Opening Browser for a 'Clean' Page!

sassofalco

What bad, bad,habit?
Vista Guru
How do I customise the Firefox 3 Browser to open each time as per Screenshot 3?

At Screenshot 1:
When I was using Internet Explorer 7 as my main Browser, I was able to customise the opening page so that it was 'clean' of all the 'flotsam and jetsam' rubbish that I had no interest in. My Customised Page in IE7 looked like this;

Screenshot 1:
Desktop IE7.jpg

At Screenshot 2:

Now when I open Firefox 3, this is what I get........a page of 'stuff' that I neither need. nor want;

Screenshot 2:
Desktop Firefox Cluttered.jpg

At Screenshot 3:
I have managed to customise and clean up the FF3 page as at Screen-shot 3 below,and it remains like this each time I open the Browser while I stay in session, however, if I log off or close and shut-down, it reverts to display like Screenshot 2, the next time I open up the FF3 Browser.

Screenshot 3:
Desktop Firefox3 Clean.jpg

To keep my FF3 Browser opening page 'clean' as in the above Screenshot, what settings should I apply, to make it appear this way each time I open the Browser.

MrNeeds

PC Geek
Vista Guru
Gold Member
How do I customise the Firefox 3 Browser to open each time as per Screenshot 3?

At Screenshot 1:
When I was using Internet Explorer 7 as my main Browser, I was able to customise the opening page so that it was 'clean' of all the 'flotsam and jetsam' rubbish that I had no interest in. My Customised Page in IE7 looked like this;

Screenshot 1:
View attachment 9663

At Screenshot 2:

Now when I open Firefox 3, this is what I get........a page of 'stuff' that I neither need. nor want;

Screenshot 2:
View attachment 9664

At Screenshot 3:
I have managed to customise and clean up the FF3 page as at Screen-shot 3 below,and it remains like this each time I open the Browser while I stay in session, however, if I log off or close and shut-down, it reverts to display like Screenshot 2, the next time I open up the FF3 Browser.

Screenshot 3:
View attachment 9665

To keep my FF3 Browser opening page 'clean' as in the above Screenshot, what settings should I apply, to make it appear this way each time I open the Browser.

enabling cookies should do the trick.

Airbot

---------------
You can also go to Tools-Options-the "Main" tab-where it says, When Firefox Starts: pick "Show my windows and tabs from last time" and click ok.

Airbot

---------------
Well, not blocking cookies and not constantly cleaning them helps too. :D
You're welcome birdman.