CANT RUN PROGRAMS!!!! in VISTA PREMIUM 64-bit

tbernardo

i installed adobe 8 and easy media creator 9 .the 1st one dont let me click the accept button in license user agreement. the 2nd dont show the home page with all the functions.so I CANT WORK WITH ANY OF THEM!!HELP MEi think its because i still cant get the activex controls/plug-ins working. the site requiring them just show a blank page!!!HELP

My Computer

OK, how to intsall Adobe 8

From Adobes Website

TechNote

Error, "The Temp folder is on a drive that is full..." when installing Acrobat 8 trial or Adobe Reader 8 (Windows Vista)

Issue

When you install Adobe Reader 8 on Windows Vista you see the error message, "The Temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible. Free up space on the drive or verify that you have write permission on the Temp folder."
Reason

You have turned off User Account Control or you are logged in using the default administrator account.
Solution

Do one of the following solutions:
Solution 1: Enable User Account Control.
  1. In Control Panels, choose User Accounts.
  2. Click "Turn User Account Control on or off".
  3. Check the box to "Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer" and then click OK.
  4. Restart your computer.
  5. Install Adobe Reader 8.

Note: You can turn off User Account Control after you successfully install Adobe Reader.
Solution 2: Run the installer in XP Compatibility Mode.
  1. Download the Adobe Reader installer from the Adobe website. When you are prompted to run or save the file, choose save. Save the file to your desktop.
  2. On the Desktop, right-click the AdbeRdr80_en_US file and then choose Properties.
  3. Click the Compatibility tab.
  4. Under Compatibility Mode, check Run this program in compatibility mode for: and choose Windows XP (Service Pack 2) from the drop down list.
  5. Click Apply, then click OK to close the Properties window
  6. Double-click the AdbeRdr80_en_US file and continue with the installation.
Additional Information

Acrobat trial and Adobe Reader use NetOpsystems FEAD optimizer to ensure the download files are not corrupted. This utility extracts the contents to the user temporary folder. Microsoft Windows Vista, with User Account Control disabled, does not allow write and execute access to the %TEMP% folder.
Product versions affected

Now I realise that this is not the error you are getting but hopefully it will help

My Computer

Back