• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Compatibility discovery : Nero 6

As you guys know, if we want Nero, we have to install Nero 8 and later to work on Vista. However, I found out that only the versions from 6.5 to 7.5 aren't compatible at all. Nero 6.3 and earlier (v5, v4...) works because it doesn't have Nero Scout included. It's a really big discovery because I'm a huge fan of the earlier version of Nero. Nero 6.3 is really the best! :p :cool:

Try it out if you have a licence.

P.S : You need to force it (ie. Click "Execute the program anyway" when that compatibility dialog appears)

Joan Archer

Cross Stitch Queen
Vista Guru
Funny I have Nero 7 Essentials installed on my machine so you saying that only version 8 or higher can be installed to me is wrong. ;)

I don't like Nero 7 Essentials because it doesn't have my fav. part : Nero Burning Rom. Well... it has but, it has the UI of Nero express ;_;

I was more talking of the premium line.

As you guys know, if we want Nero, we have to install Nero 8 and later to work on Vista. However, I found out that only the versions from 6.5 to 7.5 aren't compatible at all. Nero 6.3 and earlier (v5, v4...) works because it doesn't have Nero Scout included. It's a really big discovery because I'm a huge fan of the earlier version of Nero. Nero 6.3 is really the best! :p :cool:

Try it out if you have a licence.

P.S : You need to force it (ie. Click "Execute the program anyway" when that compatibility dialog appears)
Where can I download Nero 6.3? I’ve searched without finding it.
I downloaded NVE-3.1.0.25_no_yt from 6Nero-6.6.1.15_no_at & it worked good on one AVI movie to VIDEO_TS Burn that played good on my DVD Player to TV, then Vista said that the program stopped working. Why would Vista stop a program that worked good once from working again?

I suppose that we can't share illegal resource/information here. So, your best bet is site that contains a file extension starting by t.

I downloaded Nero 6 Trial when it first came out, liked it so I bought it from Nero & they emailed me the Key so I never had the CD. As time went on I would download the updates then delete the older versions so I ended up with 6.6 that doesn’t work with Vista then found out that 6.3 is suppose to work with Vista but searched for hours trying to find it, some sights offer it for $12 but I have a legal key.

Nero 6.3 & 6.0 won’t work; I enter my key but Next is grayed out.
Someone here said they got 6.3 to work w Vista but I can’t get it to work.

I downloaded Nero 6 Trial when it first came out, liked it so I bought it from Nero & they emailed me the Key so I never had the CD. As time went on I would download the updates then delete the older versions so I ended up with 6.6 that doesn’t work with Vista then found out that 6.3 is suppose to work with Vista but searched for hours trying to find it, some sights offer it for $12 but I have a legal key.

Nero 6.3 & 6.0 won’t work; I enter my key but Next is grayed out.
Someone here said they got 6.3 to work w Vista but I can’t get it to work.