Computer won't start up :( HP DV 6700 or 6810, laptop shuts down almost immediately

xxsassxx31

Hello all...I tried everything possible doing all the research on the net as possible and seeking HP tech support. Basically, my laptop won't start anymore. When I startup the computer, it just abruptly shuts down after 2-minutes. I tried reseating the RAM, the Hard drive, other things HP told me but all to no avail.

I am not exactly what is wrong with it but it seemed to have the same identical problem as this link: http://www.laptoprepair101.com/laptop/2006...and-shuts-down/

I have basically given up I think...I had one of these sent in when I had my warranty and HP supposedly fixed it. My whole life is on this computer. I was thinking of getting another comp if I can't fix this (I don't know what is wrong with it?) but what would happen to all the valuable materials and software on it? I have the hard drive still? Is there a device they sell I can hook up my hard drive as an external hard drive if I plugged it in with a device or something?

Thank you so much for reading my bantering message but I hope someone can give me some insight and what they think is wrong. It is weird; it just starts up and shuts down. Thanks again for any of your assistance and time beforehand..!

My Computer

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer 5315 with upgraded CPU and ram.
    CPU
    Intel T7500
    Motherboard
    Intel
    Memory
    2 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    Integrated
    Sound Card
    onboard
    Screen Resolution
    1280x1024
    Hard Drives
    WD Sata2 500 gb
    Mouse
    Stick mouse
    Internet Speed
    20 meg line/ 15700kbps sync
    Other Info
    Sky
Re: Computer won't start up :( HP DV 6700 or 6810, laptop shuts down almost immediate

I'll check it out. Call the corporate office of HP. When the operator picks up, tell them YOU NEED TO TALK TO HP ABOUT A SERIOUS ISSUE and they will automatically escalate the issue to a Senior Executive Support Representative.

Here's their phone: (California #) 1-(650) 857-1501

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Apple MacBook Pro 13inch
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.26GHz
    Motherboard
    ?
    Memory
    2GB DDR3 RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 9400M @256MB Dedicated DDR3 VRAM
    Sound Card
    Intel High Definition Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Laptop: 32 bit Color LCD
    Screen Resolution
    1280x800
    Hard Drives
    HITACHI HTS545025B9SA02 250GB (Internal)
    IOMEGA PRESTIGE PORTABLE 500GB (External)
    PSU
    N/A
    Case
    N/A
    Cooling
    N/A
    Keyboard
    Black Chiclet-Style Keyboard (Standard US) with Backlight
    Mouse
    No-Button Aluminum Trackpad w/ Mouse Gestures
    Internet Speed
    T1
Re: Computer won't start up :( HP DV 6700 or 6810, laptop shuts down almost immediate

To answer the 1st question: I can't boot to safe mode, it immediatly shuts down.

Thx for the info for the corporate number...I will try thaT and post the results...thank you all very much for your time and assistance

My Computer

If you appreciate my help, please add to my rep by clicking the scales at the top of this post!

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Apple MacBook Pro 13inch
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.26GHz
    Motherboard
    ?
    Memory
    2GB DDR3 RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 9400M @256MB Dedicated DDR3 VRAM
    Sound Card
    Intel High Definition Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Laptop: 32 bit Color LCD
    Screen Resolution
    1280x800
    Hard Drives
    HITACHI HTS545025B9SA02 250GB (Internal)
    IOMEGA PRESTIGE PORTABLE 500GB (External)
    PSU
    N/A
    Case
    N/A
    Cooling
    N/A
    Keyboard
    Black Chiclet-Style Keyboard (Standard US) with Backlight
    Mouse
    No-Button Aluminum Trackpad w/ Mouse Gestures
    Internet Speed
    T1

Spent all day trying every suggestion I found (there are MANY websites with fixes to this issue), It works for some. Then got on CHAT w/HP. Waste of time. They apologized for the "inconvenience." Puh-leez. It is way more than an inconvenience! Especially since the solution is a new motherboard--not covered my expired warranty. And it seems the model we have (the dv6700) is not one of the affected models. Really? Tell that to the many, many people who are posting to the many, many websites. But, if I would like to send it to them, they'll put in a new motherboard for only $398 plus tax. Great. And, if you believe others who have gone that route, it is a temporary fix at that. So, tell me why I'd want to spend another $450 plus on an $800 laptop from a company that I've lost faith in and that thinks this is an "inconvenience."

HP. You have a serious issue with the motherboards in this model, just like you did in the other models that you loaded the same kind of crappy motherboard in. I would not pay you again to fix what you should be fixing at no charge. It will go to the trash heap first.

If anyone else has better luck, please let me know. I'll try to call tyhis person at HP, and if I get a real live person who actually cares and is serious about little ol' me and my "inconvenient" laptop, I'll be sure to let you all know.

My Computer

Back