daily restore point no longer works

bmays

I'm using a Dell I530 Vista Home Premium and had created a daily restore point in the Startup folder which was working fine until I partitioned my hard drive leaving the OS in the "C" partition but moved my Data folder to the "D" partition of the hard drive. Now the daily restore point no longer works. It still shows up the in the Startup folder. Any ideas about correcting the problem? Thanks in advance.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell I530
Hello Bmays, welcome to the forum.

Windows sets restore points every 24 hours or so your computer is on. You can also set System Restore points manually, something you should do before you do any major tinkering with your system (just open System Restore, click Create A Restore Point, and follow the prompts).

Theoretically, you should be able to roll back to any restore point. If you keep XP fully patched and don't engage in unsafe computing practices, the operating system is remarkably robust. And, no, the partitions shouldn't faze System Restore.

So, why is your System Restore failing? Here are some possibilities in my opinion:

1. System Restore files have become corrupted. To fix this, you'll need to switch System Restore off, reboot, then switch it back on again. Unfortunately, you'll lose all your existing restore points in the process, but it should get System Restore back in working order once more:

1. Right-click My Computer and choose Properties to open the System Properties dialog.
  2. Click the System Restore tab.
  3. Tick Turn Off System Restore On All Drives, click OK and then reboot.
  4. Open the System Properties dialog once more, untick the box you just ticked, and off you go.
2. System Restore doesn't have enough space to work.

3. You have a Spyware or virus infection.

So what i suggest you do run a full updated anti-virus scan and full updated Malwarebytes scan.

Hope this will end your problem. If not please post your scan result so we can go more deeper in this problem. Thanks

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP dv2519tu pavillion Laptop
    CPU
    1.50 GHz
    Motherboard
    Winstron
    Memory
    2.5 gig RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    intel onboard