Diagnostic Policy Service (Access Denied 5)

glrose

New Member
I know their are other threads on here about this particular problem but I am not having any luck with their suggestions so here it is:

I have also tried system restore, but the problem originated before any of the system restore points were created.

This is a customers computer, and I am convinced something happened around 4 or 5 months ago right after he switched from Cricket Mobile Broadband to a standard cable internet connection.

I have tried too many things to list but still with no luck;
- Un-installing and re-installing SP1 and 2
- Re-Installing wireless and wired internet connection drivers and utilities
- Substituting svchost.exe with backed up versions in c:winsxs
- Using a hacking utility to set all the NTFS permissions of the file to allow everyone to do anything
- Scanned for Malaware
- SFC /SCANNOW and CHKDSK /F (both did not find anything)
- Startup Repair from the Vista Install disc

I am tired of messing with it so I backed up all of his files onto my external 500gb USB HDD and I'm going to try re-installing vista... this sucks HELP!!
 

My Computer

Yard Dog

Vista Guru
Gold Member

My Computer

System One

  • Manufacturer/Model
    Emachine ET 1161-05
    CPU
    AMD Athlon 64 LE-1640
    Motherboard
    eMachines MCP61PM-GM (Socket AM2 )
    Memory
    2.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 387MHz (6-6-6-18)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Acer E181H ([email protected]) 128MB GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 (
    Sound Card
    Realtek High Definition Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Name Acer E181H on NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
    Screen Resolution
    1280x768 pixels
    Hard Drives
    ST316081 5AS SCSI Disk Device
    PSU
    MCP61PM-GM 9000 NVIDIA Chipset Model MCP61 Chipset Revisio
    Case
    Tower
    Cooling
    Fan Speed 1247 RPM
    Mouse
    PS/2 Compatible Mouse
    Keyboard
    Standard PS/2 Keyboard
    Internet Speed
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1538974261.png
Top