drivers for my USB disk and iPod

vectorman

Hi all,

i would like to know how to recover or download driver for my flashdisk and ipod nano..
i'm using vista sp1.

i've deleted some *oops* i mean many of windows built-in drivers..
i've tried few tips and tricks from this site:
Tips to Slim Down Vista » My Digital Life
(what i've done: deleting the files *all* from the driverstore\filerepository folder)

and then i ended up unable to detect my usb flashdisk and ipod :cry:

but strangely, my usb harddisk is detected while i plug it...
strange.. i think because i've done the plugging long before i've tried tricks from the website above..

question: how do i get my usb fdisk to work and detected (and also my ipod nano)
i've tried to get to DriverGuide.com (printer drivers, cdrom drivers, modem drivers, sound drivers, mouse drivers, monitor drivers, etc.) - DriverGuide.com but still no results :(

TIA,
shenli

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    T7250 2.0GHz
    Memory
    2GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel GMA
    Hard Drives
    120GB Hitachi
Hi shenli,

For Ipods use ITunes, Its the only software where you can get drivers for your ipod, As for USB drives...If you used Vlite to customize your VistaCD then you need to reinstall using the original CD because theres no way to reinstall them after removing the drivers from the InstallCD, If you deleted the .inf files from the windows directrory then you will also have to reinstall from the original InstallCD.

Why would you remove the driver support files?

My Computer

the same thing happens 2 me. everytime i connect a flashdisc, external hard drive, ipod etc it shows me an error which i have attachd. it tells me dat 'windows needs to install driver software for your USB 2.0 SD/MMC READER' nd when i click 'locate and install driver software (recommended)' it doesnt find nythin nd tells me 2 insert a cd 4 my usb!! plz help me!!
Rahim

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 183

My Computer

Getting my Ipod to work in the first few months of owning Windows Vista was probably the most frustrating experience working with a computer. It wasn't really until SP2 came out that the proper 64 bit drivers were released...I'd upgrade to SP2 if I were you and that might solve some of the driver problems you are having (aka you might get back some of the drivers that you deleted :shock: )

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Intel E2180 @ 3.0Ghz
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte P35-DS3-L
    Memory
    Patriot Extreme Performance 2GB 4-4-4-12
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 8800GT
    Hard Drives
    750 GB -Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD7500AAKS
    1 TB - Western Digital MyBook
Check you have the following files:
in C:\Windows\inf:

usb.inf
usbccid.inf
usbcir.inf
usbport.inf
usbstor.inf
usbvideo.inf

and in C:\Windows\System32

usbmon.dll
usbperf.dll
usbui.dll

If you don't have any file you have to fill it.You can try find files copies somewhere in C:\Windows\WinSxS - to correct find use any external file manager for example Total Commander - Windows Search is not good to this,you can also extract missed files from DVD Vista.When you fill missed files in these folders,run device manager and remove all in USB controllers + restart and then system should reinstall USB controllers

Last edited:

My Computer

Back