Dual Display-Please Help

Zachary

I have Vista on my desktop, and I want to have a dual moniter, so I got a TV screen and I connected it to my computer, but I cannot figure out how to get it to display. I am on the right input for the TV, but I cannot get my computer to send anything to that screen.

Could someone please help?

My Computer

1. What kind of cable?
2.When you connect the TV, click on start, search for "mobility", open "windows mobility center", does it say "Display connected" there?
3. Which graphics Card? Nvidia or ATI?

My Computer

1. I'm using a VGA cable.
2. Search can't find "windows mobility center."
3. I am using ATI.

I read somewhere that I need an adaptor or an HDMI cable. Would it just be easier to get an HDMI cable?

My Computer

Right click on desktop, select ATI Catalyst Control center, on the left side of control center, we have "display manager" and "display options", check for multiple monitor configuration somewhere there. We get 2-3 options like extended display, cloned/mirrored mode,etc.

My Computer

What type of tv are you using and how old is it?
Which card specifically are you using?

VGA cable should work depending on the tv and you should be able to detect it with ATI control center

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer AM1201
    CPU
    AMD 4800+ Dual Core
    Memory
    3 GB DDR
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon 2100
The TV is a new flatscreen HDTV from Visio.
My card is ATI Radeon HD 3450 [ P191W ].

I have tried restarting and disconnecting/reconnecting cables.

My Computer

I had the same problem a while back with a Sony tv as my second monitor with the same ATI card.......I gotta think a bit and remember what the heck I did to resolve it.....be patient......

Have you checked your Visio manual to see exactly what vga cable is required there are differences (my sony calls for an analog rgb cable) which looks like exactly like a vga cable. However most vga and svga are analog capable...just double check that.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer AM1201
    CPU
    AMD 4800+ Dual Core
    Memory
    3 GB DDR
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon 2100
I'm not sure what cable I have. It is blue if that means anything.

If you remember how you fixed your problem that would be aweesome.

Thanks for the help.

My Computer

Back