Solved Flash No Sound Fixes for Vista 64 and 7 64Bit

ramontana

Just wanted to post to add to add a few more fixes for those who have experienced this frustrating problem.

Check if the file msacm32.drv is present in your Windows system32 folder. If not, copy it from another PC (that has the same version of Windows) and place the file in the system32 folder. This applies to Vista and 7 64Bit but in the SysWOW64 directory which is the folder for the 32 bit programs running on the 32bit virtual machine.

A very common sound problem is an incorrect or missing registry key for msacm32.drv discussed in the preceding.

1. Launch Registry Editor by typing regedit at Run command.
    2. Navigate to the following registry key:

For XP and Vista 32Bit:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32

1. 3. On the right pane, and check for existence of “wavemapper” registry subkey, the mail culprit
    causing Flash no sound. If not found, create a new String value named “wavemapper”, and give the
    entry value “msacm32.drv”. If wavemapper entry is already existed, ensure that its value data
    is“msacm32.drv”.

For XP and Vista and 7 64bit:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32

4. On the right pane, and check for existence of “wavemapper” registry subkey, the mail culprit
causing Flash no sound. If not found, create a new String
value named “wavemapper”, and give the entry value “msacm32.drv”.
If wavemapper entry is already existed, ensure that its value data is “msacm32.drv”.

5. In addition the permissions/security on these keys can prevent your browser flash plugin from
accessing them and preventing sound. Also if you receive errors editing or the key is blank you
need to check the permissions by right clicking on the key and choosing permissions. Choose
Advanced and make sure that the Administrators, System, Users Groups have "Full Control" under
permissions if not select them and click Edit and tick “Full Control" under the "Allow" column.

My Computer

Thank you for that, it will help a lot of people with that type of problem. :)

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Self Build
    CPU
    QX9650 (black box) [email protected]
    Motherboard
    Asus P5Q Premium
    Memory
    8GB-4x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR 2-1066
    Graphics Card(s)
    2 x ASUS EAH 4870 X 2 (Quad)
    Sound Card
    Supreme FX 2
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Fujitsu Siemens 22inch flat screen
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    150 Gig WD Raptor
    300 Gig Maxtor
    300 Gig Maxtor, (External)
    PSU
    CoolerMaster 1000
    Case
    CoolerMaster N-Vidia stacker 830
    Cooling
    Noctua NH-U12P x 1x120mm fan, 6x120mm case fans
    Keyboard
    Logitech G15
    Mouse
    Logitech G5
    Internet Speed
    20Mbps
    Other Info
    Audio FX Pro 5+1 gaming head set
I hate raising this old thread but it sounds like the problem I'm having. I tried the registry edit but when I create the new string and try to rename it I'm told I can't do that because there is already a string with that name. But a search of the registry for wavemapper comes up empty. So, there is no wavemapper entry in the registry yet when I try to create one regedit tells me it already exists.

Somehow I've lost most of the sound in my system. I first noticed no sound in flv files, whether online (youtube, etc.) or offline (any files any player); then noticed my windows startup and shutdown sounds no longer played; Adobe Audition wasn't playing wav files, til I changed its i/o options from wavemapper to Creative; some games have lost sound, though others are fine (MS Flight Sim 9 has all sounds except ATC voices). DVD, mp3, mp4 playback are normal.

I have reinstalled the audio card (X-Fi Fatal1ty Xtreme), d/l'd and installed the audio drivers again, installed the KLite codec pack, installed ffdshow ...all to no avail.

My Computer

@ramontana ... The regedit totally fixed my problem, thanks for the helpful post. :D

Just wanted to post to add to add a few more fixes for those who have experienced this frustrating problem.

Check if the file msacm32.drv is present in your Windows system32 folder. If not, copy it from another PC (that has the same version of Windows) and place the file in the system32 folder. This applies to Vista and 7 64Bit but in the SysWOW64 directory which is the folder for the 32 bit programs running on the 32bit virtual machine.

A very common sound problem is an incorrect or missing registry key for msacm32.drv discussed in the preceding.

1. Launch Registry Editor by typing regedit at Run command.
    2. Navigate to the following registry key:

For XP and Vista 32Bit:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32

1. 3. On the right pane, and check for existence of “wavemapper” registry subkey, the mail culprit
    causing Flash no sound. If not found, create a new String value named “wavemapper”, and give the
    entry value “msacm32.drv”. If wavemapper entry is already existed, ensure that its value data
    is“msacm32.drv”.

For XP and Vista and 7 64bit:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32

4. On the right pane, and check for existence of “wavemapper” registry subkey, the mail culprit
causing Flash no sound. If not found, create a new String
value named “wavemapper”, and give the entry value “msacm32.drv”.
If wavemapper entry is already existed, ensure that its value data is “msacm32.drv”.

5. In addition the permissions/security on these keys can prevent your browser flash plugin from
accessing them and preventing sound. Also if you receive errors editing or the key is blank you
need to check the permissions by right clicking on the key and choosing permissions. Choose
Advanced and make sure that the Administrators, System, Users Groups have "Full Control" under
permissions if not select them and click Edit and tick “Full Control" under the "Allow" column.

My Computer

Back