Folders and Customization

madmanjohn

Does anyone know of a way to change folders details around and maybe create a custom column?

I already know how to change them but they will not stay that way. the issue i am having-(pardon me if i vent here a bit) after spending 35 years as a professional liscenced broadcast disc jockey and engineer, the three most useless things in any folder is the track number, the genre and the star rating- a true proffessional or any collector dont give a d@#! about any of that. especuially those of us with sizeable collections. mine is at just over 400,000 mp3s and nearly 10,000 music videos spanning 103 years of music.

most of us in the biz have genres and decades folderized and most of the stuff out there in the public sector is wrong anyway. its a personal opinion thing when in reality, people at Billboard, Radio and Records, and other professional music services know there is a chart for everything andthats the "Genre" it should be labeled as.:cry:

the ony people thats give a crap about track numbers are people illegally burning disc copies anyway.:mad:

the only things that matter to a professional disc jockey is the year and chart positions. and whether or not there is a long or short version or a remix.

what i wish i could get vista to do, is give me the file name, artist, title, album, file size and type (Should be the same column) and the chart position and year and date, and keep these columns permanently.

also- id like them all to stay in "details" in file options, but for some reason everytime i reboot, it resets itself, and its just a pain in the:party:

the only view that i dont want in Details is the main "Computer" window so i can see my drives and how full they are.

If anyone has a clue as to how to do this id be eternally grateful for your help and knowledge.

and one more thing- as for track numbers, over half of this collection came from vinyl- so wheich side do you want your track number on? side a or b, or side 1 or two? or should we have columns for that too?:cry:

food for thought. thanks- mjs

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    AMD 9850 black edition
    Motherboard
    Biostar TA790GX 128M
    Memory
    8gb Corsair Dominator 1066mhz
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Xtasy X850
    Sound Card