i need a software that convert video files without losing quality

support video files to convert into FLV

Thanks in advance:)

My Computer

Hi everyone

i need a software that convert video files without losing quality

support video files to convert into FLV

Thanks in advance:)

Suggest that you google for one by typing .... video converters in search box.
The free versions may not meet your rquirements ( without losing quality ).
You may need to spend a few $.

My Computer

Editing to last reply......

The reason that I do not make recommendation is that :
Suggesdting a non-Microsoft program which requires purchasing can be considered spamming.

You will have to decide for yourself.

My Computer

This one is free and works very well ( http://www.formatoz.com/ ). I have compared it to many others and found it to be the best. Besides, it has many other useful functions - e.g. you can crop videos.

When you convert to .flv, you should expect a loss of quality. There is no avoiding it because .flv "looses" a lot of bits. With many other formats, e.g. .mkv or .mov that would not be the case - at least you would not be able to notice it.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell
    CPU
    Q6600
    Memory
    4GB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    HP w2207h
    Hard Drives
    2x250GB HDDs
    1x60GB OCZ SSD
    6 external disks 60 to 640GBs
    Other Info
    Also 1xHP desktop, 1xHP laptop, 1xGateway laptop

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    gateway/m6881
    CPU
    centrino core 2 duo 2.2ghz T7500
    Memory
    3GB
    Hard Drives
    500GB WD
    Mouse
    logitech
    Internet Speed
    fios 35MB not!!!!
This one is free and works very well ( http://www.formatoz.com/ ). I have compared it to many others and found it to be the best. Besides, it has many other useful functions - e.g. you can crop videos.

When you convert to .flv, you should expect a loss of quality. There is no avoiding it because .flv "looses" a lot of bits. With many other formats, e.g. .mkv or .mov that would not be the case - at least you would not be able to notice it.

super duperrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr one of the best

it works well

thank you so muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :)

please if you can help me out to find a software that we can edit our videos and trim it adding text and picture
and then save it in flv format
pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

My Computer

For basic trimming you can try AviDemux. FLV is one of the formats listed in the dropdown. But I haven't tried it myself. AviDemux excels with avi and mpeg formats. Stuff like mkv can give it problems. Not sure about FLV. But it's free so it doesn't hurt to try it. Also it's generally useful to keep in the toolbox.

Avidemux.org

Click on Wiki link for extensive documentation.

Note that the newer builds tend to be better for stuff like MKV.
2.4 is the last version that has a decent one pass xvid encoder.
2.5 and onward you have to do 2 pass xvid or it looks like you're watching through lace curtains.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavilion m9515y
    CPU
    Phenom X4 9850
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Some Radeon Cheapie with 512 MB Ram
    Monitor(s) Displays
    CRT
    Screen Resolution
    1280x1024
    Hard Drives
    750 GB SATA 3G
    2 SIIG Superspeed docks w/WD Caviar Black Sata II or III

That one looks really impressive! I'm definitely going to have to give it a shot. I personally haven't chosen one that I like best (although this one looks like it might be it) but I've heard a lot of good things about Handbrake. HandBrake It has A LOT of options (I'm not sure about what file types it supports. but I know it's extensive and the info is bound to be on that site somewhere) The only reason I don't use is because I don't like to have to edit a lot of options. I just like a converter that lets me choose a kind of Low-Good-Best quality option and then starts converting. But that's because I prefer to have the lowest possible filesize while still having a watchable video. No HD for me :)

So If you're interested in really tweaking every setting of your video conversion, I recommend you try Handbrake, especially since it's free.

Also, video converting speed is reliant mostly on your computer specs, not the program. Most programs will convert as fast as your processor will let it. Changing programs isn't likely to significantly improve conversion speed.

As for video editing programs, there are a ton that are excellent, but most cost money if you want a good one. Power Director by Cyberlink seems to be a pretty good one, but it's really high end and costs a lot. A lot of people recommend VirtualDub (free) but I wasn't able to get a decent-sized video out of it (it went from like 700MB to over 4GB) and i just gave up on it. But that could have easily been a mistake on my part, you should try it out yourself. I think it has good editing options, but I didn't like the output file.

I think RealPlayer has some basic editing features, and I know it supports flv files. If you're just wanting something simple and don't feel like doing a lot of research or learning the program, just go with that one. PC Media Manager: Get RealPlayer Free | Real.com

I have yet to find a good free video editing program I really like, so I'll be looking at other people's suggestions on this thread too. I use Audacity for audio (and it is amazing!) but I want a similar program that will also handle videos, and haven't been able to find one yet.

Note:I don't know how many of these support flv format, but if they don't natively you may be able to find codecs for them.

So those are all my suggestions and opinions about every type of conversion software I've used and heard about haha. Hope some part of it was helpful.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inspiron 1545
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 @ 2.00 GHz
    Motherboard
    DELL - 27d90219 Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A05
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
    Sound Card
    IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Generic PnP Monitor (DPMS), 15.3" (34cm x 19cm)
    Screen Resolution
    1366x768
    Hard Drives
    Internal 320 GB
    Portable 320 GB used for separate storage of media, plugged into USB port as needed.
    Cooling
    Single built in fan
    Keyboard
    Built in
    Mouse
    Touchpad, + Logitech wireless mouse (USB)
    Internet Speed
    ~150 kilobytes/sec DL
    Other Info
    Usually have low HD free space left (<10 GB), often left on overnight. I really push its capabilities.

it works well

please if you can help me out to find a software that we can edit our videos and trim it adding text and picture
pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I am glad you like it. Try the cropping function - it is really neat. It is under "Option" once you selected the file. I use that sometimes e.g. when I have a video of an object that is far away, like a ship for example.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell
    CPU
    Q6600
    Memory
    4GB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    HP w2207h
    Hard Drives
    2x250GB HDDs
    1x60GB OCZ SSD
    6 external disks 60 to 640GBs
    Other Info
    Also 1xHP desktop, 1xHP laptop, 1xGateway laptop

it works well

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I am glad you like it. Try the cropping function - it is really neat. It is under "Option" once you selected the file. I use that sometimes e.g. when I have a video of an object that is far away, like a ship for example.

Can we add text as well?

My Computer

Any Video Converter and Total Video Converter both a simliar

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Intel 4 Pentium
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Raedon HD
    Sound Card
    Realtek AC'97