Solved Headphone Mic Problem Please Help!!!!

Rare Sock

Hey everyone. I've been trying to solve this problem for about a month now but just cant find what the problem is. I have a headset with a mic and I plugged the green plug into the green jack and pink into the pink one. A screen popped up saying what did you plug into the green jack and I selected front headphones and for the pink one i selected microphone. However when I tried talking to my friends my mic wasn't working but I could hear them through my headphones. I've been into control panel/audio/recording/microphone/properties and set the volume to max and it is not muted. I have tried absolute everything but NOTHING is working! P.S the mic jack is not broken because I go on a site where I can verse other people in singing songs and the mic works fine there. Please anyone please I need help ASAP! Thanks :)

My Computer

Strange. I know Skype needs to be configured properly in order for a non USB mic to work. But if it's not working with other programs then it could be a compatibility issue.

If you go to START>ALL PROGRAMS>ACCESSORIES>SOUND RECORDER are you able to record yourself speaking?

My Computer

I don't think the mic input is working properly. Either this is your mic or it could be the mic input on your PC, they are not the strongest of inputs and are prone to intermittent failure. DO you have mic connections on the front and back of your PC? If you have try them both using sound recorder.

Failing this, I would check your mic on a different PC. If it still doesn't work then it's clearly the mic and needs replacing.

My Computer

Yes I have tried the front and back jacks for the mic and neither work. My friend also gave me a different mic today because I thought it might have been my mic but the one he gave me also did not work.

My Computer

Great, we're getting somewhere. I think the mic inputs on your PC are the problem, or, you may not have configured the inputs correctly.

My Computer

If i have configured the inputs incorrectly, where have I gone wrong? When I had to select an option for the pink jack I chose "microphone" but the picture next to it only shows a mic by itself, not on a headset and with the green jack I chose the option "front headphones" and the picture next to that is just a set of headphones with no mic on it. So where do you think I have gone wrong?

My Computer

If i have configured the inputs incorrectly, where have I gone wrong? When I had to select an option for the pink jack I chose "microphone" but the picture next to it only shows a mic by itself, not on a headset and with the green jack I chose the option "front headphones" and the picture next to that is just a set of headphones with no mic on it. So where do you think I have gone wrong?

What often happens is that the sound hardware defaults to line-level input, which may not be good enough to work with the low-cost microphones you're using. On top of that, some systems offer separate line-level input and microphone ports—but default to a single input port. So you need to bring up your sound hardware's control panel and switch to microphone input. :D

My Computer

It is a Logitech Stereo Headset H150 and yes it does have a mute button on it. It is not muted and the volume setting on it is also up to its max.

My Computer

What often happens is that the sound hardware defaults to line-level input, which may not be good enough to work with the low-cost microphones you're using. On top of that, some systems offer separate line-level input and microphone ports—but default to a single input port. So you need to bring up your sound hardware's control panel and switch to microphone input. :D
Sorry could you please direct me to the sound hardware control panel and how to switch to microphone input? I'm not sure if you mean enabling microphone in audio settings which is in control panel.

My Computer

Ye lol I just did tehn be4 you posted the comment and my mic is working now!!!!!!!! Thanks SOOO MUCH :D :D :D :D :D I am sooo recommending this site to everyone I know with computer probs!!!!!!!! thanks sooo much once again!!! :D

My Computer

Back