Hear audio on multiple devices in Windows Vista

Do you want Vista/Seven to playback on multiple audio devices simultaneously?

• Yes, I'd like to output audio to multiple devices. I think it is an important feature!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Don't need to/don't care/doesn't make a difference.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mumbaindude

Hi, I very much want to know the answer to this problem. My setup is simple. I am working with my Mobo's onboard sound card (Mobo is Asus M3A32-MVP Wi-Fi) and here's the thing. I see multiple devices in both Vista and Seven (have a dual boot) - I see the front headphone jack, the SPDIF, the rear audio port (it's 5.1 surround) and also an HDMI. I've just recently bought two bluetooth headphones and I have paired them and see them in the audio devices panel too.

Now this is what I want to do. I want to hear the audio on all the devices simultaneously. If I turn on the audio system (connected to the SPDIF) then I should hear the audio there. If I connect multiple Bluetooth headphones, I should hear the audio from my comp on any and all of them.

So, why can't I do this? Apparently this was the default behaviour for Windows in XP. That is, any audio played was available on all connected devices. Now, here in Vista and Seven we have a major downgrade in that we have to select a SINGLE audio output device as the "default" device and when a device is selected as such, the audio stream is SOLELY passed into it. THIS IS SO VERY WRONG! It is so illogical to do something like this in today's world of changing and evolving multi-media environments. I mean, what if my Mom wants to hear my music from the kitchen at the same time that I'm listening to it as I work on my desktop. She should be able to simply plugin and start listening to what I'm hearing! This is RIDICULOUS!

I hope there's a solution out there. I've just spent around three hours googling non-stop about this problem and though many, many people have complained about it, no one has a proper solution.

The question is: How do I hear audio on Windows Vista or Seven on multiple audio devices SIMULTANEOUSLY!?

My Computer

Back