Help! Printing on Vista through Remote Desktop from XP Machine

destroythesun

Hello everyone,

I want to be able to connect to my Vista Home Premium 32bit machine through an XP machine and print using a printer connected via USB on the XP machine. A little history: I had XP Pro and used remote desktop and printing worked fine. We upgraded the computer and OS to Vista Home Premium 32bit. I understand this version doesn't have remote desktop, but I found a way to get it to work online and now we can connect remotely to the desktop using Remote Desktop.

However, when I try to print something while being connected remotely, it won't print. It doesn't find the USB printer. Please I just want to figure this out. We are using the Vista machine as a remote desktop that houses our excel files and Quickbooks. We connect to this remotely from an XP laptop and 2 Macbook Pro's. Printing doesn't work on either of these computers. They are also on separate networks if that changes anything.

I have read a lot on this and everything points to the same answer -> go to Local Resources in Remote Desktop before you log in remotely and check mark the "select the devices and resources you want to use in your remote session: Printers and Clipboard". Both are checked. Still nothing.

My Computer

Back