Help with LogonUI.exe

RevClyburn

Hello,

currently having issues with logonUI.exe. The error says: LogonUI.exe unable to locate component. The application is rasman.dll. I searched for both these files and they're there in the system32 directory, think that's the directory. Anyway, I have Avast as my AV software and Malwarebytes, as my spyware software. They both have found viruses and malware, but neither one find any issues with logonUi.exe or rasman.dll. I have a feeling that one or both of these files is corrupted or affected. Is there something i can run to fix the issue? This is my wife's laptop and she uses it for school, it has to be fixed, as her previous work is on it and she needs it. I don't want to reinstall Vista, i would rather install win7. Vista, is just to picky or has to many issues. Kind of reminds me a ME, yikes!

Anyway, anybody got any suggestions, it's urgent

thanks

Edwin

My Computer

Hello,

currently having issues with logonUI.exe. The error says: LogonUI.exe unable to locate component. The application is rasman.dll. I searched for both these files and they're there in the system32 directory, think that's the directory. Anyway, I have Avast as my AV software and Malwarebytes, as my spyware software. They both have found viruses and malware, but neither one find any issues with logonUi.exe or rasman.dll. I have a feeling that one or both of these files is corrupted or affected. Is there something i can run to fix the issue? This is my wife's laptop and she uses it for school, it has to be fixed, as her previous work is on it and she needs it. I don't want to reinstall Vista, i would rather install win7. Vista, is just to picky or has to many issues. Kind of reminds me a ME, yikes!

Anyway, anybody got any suggestions, it's urgent

thanks

Edwin

Repair install. keeps your wifes files and fixes the system files. Before you do get rid of the nasties.

Let us know if you need help

Ken

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inspiron E 1405
    CPU
    [email protected]
    Memory
    4 gigs
    Graphics Card(s)
    integrated intel 945
    Sound Card
    integrated
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    300 gig internal
    Internet Speed
    10 down 1.5 up
Thanks,

I'll have to look into that. Is that function on the F8 menu, and do I have to do that from a cd? My computer has a partition with the software on it, came that way. Do I run the repair install from there? And will this remove any programs?

Edwin

My Computer

Back