Help with Recovery DVD Creation

robinwjack

I am having a time and a half trying to create recovery DVD's. I keep getting the error message that "this computer does not have a drive capable of creating cds and dvds". I definitely have a dvd burner so I know that's not the actual problem. From the research I've done, I think I may have uninstalled some DVD softward that was pre-installed on my Windows Vista HP Pavilion TX2110us laptop. Does anyone know how to fix this problem. I desparately need to re-install Windows and I don't really want to do it without having the created recovery dvds.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Helpless in St. Louis:)

My Computer

I am having a time and a half trying to create recovery DVD's. I keep getting the error message that "this computer does not have a drive capable of creating cds and dvds". I definitely have a dvd burner so I know that's not the actual problem. From the research I've done, I think I may have uninstalled some DVD softward that was pre-installed on my Windows Vista HP Pavilion TX2110us laptop. Does anyone know how to fix this problem. I desparately need to re-install Windows and I don't really want to do it without having the created recovery dvds.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Helpless in St. Louis:)

Do you really need a recovery disc if you have a recovery partition? (I'm assuming that you have one, because most HP laptops do... Correct me if I'm wrong)

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inspiron 640m Notebook MXCO61
    CPU
    Intel Core Duo T2080 @ 1.73GHz
    Memory
    Dell Memory 2GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Mobile Intel 945GM Graphics Accelerator
    Sound Card
    Dell High Def. Sound
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell 14.1" High Res. UltraSharp Notebook Display
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    One Hard Drive
    120GB
    Keyboard
    Dell Inspiron 640m Stock
    Mouse
    Logitech V4500 Wireless Notebook Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    54MB/s
The instructions that came with my computer say that I can restore from the hard drive so I guess I don't have to have the cd's. I just thought it was best if I did. I am a real novice when it comes to the technical things. So, should I just go ahead and do it from the hard drive?

My Computer

The instructions that came with my computer say that I can restore from the hard drive so I guess I don't have to have the cd's. I just thought it was best if I did. I am a real novice when it comes to the technical things. So, should I just go ahead and do it from the hard drive?

I guess you should... (if you want to save the extra effort)

Just remember to NEVER, EVER, DELETE THE RECOVERY PARTITION. ;)

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Memory
    Dell Memory 2GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Dell High Def. Sound
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    One Hard Drive
    120GB
    Keyboard
    Dell Inspiron 640m Stock
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    54MB/s

My Computer

I don't think I've deleted anything pertaining to the recovery partition. I would prefer to do the restore from a dvd. But my system isn't allowing me to create them. I gues I will take my chances and hope for the best by doing it from the hard drive.Thank you for your help.

My Computer

I don't think I've deleted anything pertaining to the recovery partition. I would prefer to do the restore from a dvd. But my system isn't allowing me to create them. I gues I will take my chances and hope for the best by doing it from the hard drive.Thank you for your help.

You're welcome! [Please look at my signature] :D

I have done the hard drive restore before, and I can assure you that it is a very easy and simple process.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    CPU
    Memory
    Dell Memory 2GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Dell High Def. Sound
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    One Hard Drive
    120GB
    Keyboard
    Dell Inspiron 640m Stock
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    54MB/s
Are you attempting to do this with HP Help utilities, as usually HP has those relentless Pop-ups messages indicating that you should make the Backup disks before it is too late, then if you are not in anyway using the HP Help & Support Programs, then you may need offer more information about how you are going about the disk creations.:)

My Computer

digitall2, I am just going to try my luck go by the instructions that came with the computer and restore from the hard drive by pressing f11 during startup.

My Computer

Back