Solved Help with Task Scheduler and Adobe Flash updates

I've got a situation that seems as insidious to me as many of the viruses I've encountered; hope someone can help.

I happened to open Windows Task Scheduler, just for a quick peek, and was surprised to see that the Adobe Flash Updater is running every hour. It appears to 'trigger' at 4:18 PM every day, and repeats every hour after the trigger.

What perturbs me is that when I bring up services.msc, I see that I do indeed have the Adobe Flash Update Service 'Disabled.' When I bring up Task Manager and 'What's Running,' both of these utilities also show the service "stopped."

So I searched around and found the program: FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe under C:/Windows/SysWow64/Macromed[ia]/Flash. Then I renamed it. This was just to make sure that this .exe is what's being called up. Sure enough, the next time the clock struck :18 after the hour, Task Scheduler showed that the "requested" task Failed. Hooray!

But what I'd like to know is what's initiatingthis update? Since the Updater is Disabled/Stopped as a service, it's as though the Task Scheduler is trying to run the .exe by itself. Sure enough, in the Task Scheduler Library there is an Adobe Flash Updater entry. But when I highlight it and click: End, nothing happens. When I click: Disable I get a message that "the Keyset does not exist," and when I click: Delete, it seems to disappear for an instant but then pops right back on the list.

Can anyone help me get this automatic and grossly redundant updating procedure out of my system?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inspiron 530S
    CPU
    Pentium dual-core E5200
    Motherboard
    Yes, it has one
    Memory
    4GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Part of motherboard
    Sound Card
    Part of motherboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    ViewSonic VS13518
Never mind, I fixed it.

On a whim I started Task Scheduler with Administrative privileges. Then I could delete the Adobe updater from the Task Scheduler Library. I then gave the .exe its old name so I can run it manually. All okay now.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inspiron 530S
    CPU
    Pentium dual-core E5200
    Motherboard
    Yes, it has one
    Memory
    4GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Part of motherboard