• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How can I enable the 'advanced settings' in Realtek HD audio manager.

I really need help enabling the 'advanced settings' for my audio manager.

I've aready reinstalled the drivers 'alot' of time using different versions of it.

See the attached screen shot of my HD audio manager.

The speaker and mic works fine, the problem I have is

when I plug in the headphone jack into my s/pdif slot

both the speaker and headphone plays sounds :confused:

I heard I can change this in the advanced settings...

which I can't acess...:cry:

Thanks in advance.

AllMac

Élite
Assuming you have on-board sound, it probably depends on the motherboard and what it can handle for sound and audio. I have the Device Advanced Settings option in the upper right corner.

Check this pic.

Last edited:
Well, I think my motherboard should be able to handle it. It worked fine on windows XP and even on windows vista, but ever since I installed sp1 it stopped working :(

Airbot

---------------
Well, like Allmac suggested, click on the Device advanced settings in top right corner and have it set to this.

View attachment 8298

Seperate all input jacks as independant input devices.

Last edited:
Maybe you could try un-installing the driver, and getting the driver from the motherboard manufacturer's website instead of directly through realtek.

I tried the manufacturer's website aready.

It was updated may 7the 2006, so I get a rthdcpl.exe compatability error with Vista

and no sounds :(

pooch

Old Dog
Vista Guru
Hi Libredy,

Go to control panel, under Programs click on uninstall a program and uninstall the Realtek software after a restart Vista will automatically install the sound drivers again without the software.

Now when you right click on the speaker symbol in the notification area and left click on Playback devices This will open a window titled Sound by clicking on the Speaker and Headphone symbols and then the tab Levels you will be able to seperately adjust the sound levels

You should also be able to do this by right clicking on the speaker symbol in the notification area and left clicking on Open Volume Mixer

I hope this helps

Pooch

stormy13

Vista Guru
Try the AC'97 driver,

Realtek

instead of the HD one. Reason for saying that is you have the ALC880 and according to the ReadMe for the HD driver the ALC880 is only supported by that driver under XP,

Driver Package R2.09
Realtek HD Audio Driver support all of Realtek HD Audio Codec in Vista/WinXP/Win2000/Win2003 .
1. Vista WHQL Supporting: ALC882, ALC883, ALC885, ALC888, ALC889, ALC861VD, ALC660, ALC662, ALC663,
ALC260, ALC262,ALC267, ALC268, ALC269, ALC272, ALC273, ALC887

2. Windows 2000/XP WHQL Supporting: ALC880, ALC882, ALC883, ALC885, ALC888, ALC889, ALC861VC,
ALC861VD, ALC660, ALC662, ALC663, ALC260, ALC262, ALC267,ALC268, ALC269, ALC272, ALC273, ALC887
That is from the previous driver set (R2.09) and not the latest, but I really don't see them changing the support from one driver to the next.

Thanks for the reply.

but non of them works ...

Vista insn't able to install the audio drivers by iteself and the AC'97 driver

doens't install at all. Says something like not the right device or something . >_<;

pooch

Old Dog
Vista Guru
When Vista restarted after the uninstall and it didnt load the drivers did you get any messages?

Does Vista notice that the hardware is there? Does it even try to install the drivers?

I am surprised that the drivers install with the software but that Vista will not automatically install the drivers on finding the driverless Hardware

Try with drivers uninstalled; Control Panel, Classic View, Add Hardware, follow the wizard, use the option to search for and install hardware automatically.

If this fails then the only answer left, is that although you can install the driver/software for Vista. That for what ever reason, (not supported/Hardware fault) the drivers do not and will not work properly. You will then just have to make the best of what you have.

When vista tries to install the driver I get a 'Devicedriver software was not successfully installed' message.

In device manager I yellow ! mark show on the 'High Definition Audio Device' and a 'This deivce cannot start(Code 10) error message in properties

pooch

Old Dog
Vista Guru
When vista tries to install the driver I get a 'Devicedriver software was not successfully installed' message.

In device manager I yellow ! mark show on the 'High Definition Audio Device' and a 'This deivce cannot start(Code 10) error message in properties
Yet the drivers with the software install ok, very strange!!
I think that you will end up going back to how it was and making the best of a bad situation. :(

With a bit of luck stormy's idea will work

Pooch

stormy13

Vista Guru
Not sure if it is included in Vista or not (and if not, if even offered through WU), but I remember seeing lots of people with similar problems with updated Realtek drivers not working or installing properly when Microsoft released the UAA HD driver.

Hopefully that will get libredy back up and running properly again.