how do i find out what chip set i have to update drivers

passnthru2

the Intel site driver id program doesn't do VISTA64, device manager doesn't give the series numbers..

i tried to locate the CPU drivers.. got something in Chinese

what is the best way to update drivers...

ANTEC 900 Case.
ASUS Rampage Formula X48.
Intel Xeon 3110 3MHz Core2 Duo.
VISTA 64bit Home Premium.
Silent Knight2 CPU cooler.
8GB OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1400.
2x Western Digital Caviar 500GB HD RAID1.
VisionTec Radeon HD 3870 X2.
OPTI UPS Battery Back Up.
Cosair 750 watt PSU

Fumz

Buggin
Vista Guru
the Intel site driver id program doesn't do VISTA64, device manager doesn't give the series numbers..

i tried to locate the CPU drivers.. got something in Chinese

what is the best way to update drivers...

The chipset you have is an X48. Intel does Vista 64-bit. Intel® X48 Express Chipset - Overview

CPU drivers?

The "best" way to update drivers is to do it manually... but first, you've got to know what you need and what you don't. First take a look at what Asus has for you: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support- Decide whether you need chipset drivers or not? Is there a problem? What led you to the conclusion you need chipset drivers?

dangerousdave

I wanted these drivers to for my gigabyte x48 dq6 motherboard but trying to download from intels site it says "this download is no longer available"... great..

Any thougts to were to find the drivers?

Dave

dangerousdave

oh thanks, but I should have mentioned that i was looking for newer drivers, feels like Gigabyte don´t make an effort to uppgrade their drivers. So i thought intel mabye makes them in a new version?

Dave

dangerousdave

AH great, busted.. ;)

Did a reinstall and found feb of this year to be old, thought there would be newer ones out!
That´s why!

Dave

Fumz

Buggin
Vista Guru
Chipset drivers aren't like graphics drivers; they're not continually updated. Once they arrive at a speedy stable set of drivers, that's usually what they stay with and move onto the next chipset unless there's some big problem that would require further attention.

passnthru2

the CD i got with the motherboard was outdated.. i read several places that i needed to update drivers.. was checking to see if they needed updating

i also heard a lot of warnings about downloading from the ASUS site.. i was really looking for an updated site where i could just "Click" on a download have it JUST 'DOWNLOAD'... THIS IS THE 21st CENTURY i have found the ASUS Support lame at best. their User Guide/manual for a $300 board wasnt even suitable for toilet paper

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE INFORMATION... AGAIN

ANTEC 900 Case.
Intel Xeon 3110 3MHz Core2 Duo.
VISTA 64bit Home Premium.
Silent Knight2 CPU cooler.
8GB OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1400.
2x Western Digital Caviar 500GB HD RAID1.
VisionTec Radeon HD 3870 1 Gb.
Cosair 750 watt PSU
OPTI UPS Battery Back Up.