How do I get Windows Mobile Device Center?

rasmasyean

Power User

My Computer

OK, so interestingly, that Microsoft website didn't work in IE9, but worked in FireFox. LOL!

FF allowed me to DL some program that spat out a "validation code" to enter into the website to download the WMDC file.

Judging by the file name, it turns out that I did download that file years ago, but it doesn't look like I ever downloaded the "validator". Must be something new with Microsoft. I guess it must be quite new...because it doesn't work on their OWN website with their OWN browser! rofl!

My Computer

Most likely a compatibily issue. By default ie9 is set to the newest format, html5 i believe. And the sites not up to standard yet.

You can click the riped page icon in the toolbar, and it usually helps.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Dual L5639 // i7 950 @ 4.0Ghz
    Motherboard
    Evga SR-2 // Gigabyte x58a-ud3r
    Memory
    12Gig Corsair XMS3 // 6Gig OCZ Gold
    Graphics Card(s)
    gtx 560 ti // gtx 260-216
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dual 22" // Headless
    Hard Drives
    OCZ aGILITY 3, 120Gig + Seagate 500Gig x 2
    PSU
    Silverstone da700 // Corsair 520hx
    Case
    Rosewill BlackHawk Ultra // Antec 900v1
    Cooling
    Twin CM Hyper 212+ // Noctua NH-u12
    Other Info
    Acer 8930 laptop with x9100...
odd, worked fine fror me....

Guess MS doesnt like you... No big lose there they smell anyway.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Dual L5639 // i7 950 @ 4.0Ghz
    Motherboard
    Evga SR-2 // Gigabyte x58a-ud3r
    Memory
    12Gig Corsair XMS3 // 6Gig OCZ Gold
    Graphics Card(s)
    gtx 560 ti // gtx 260-216
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dual 22" // Headless
    Hard Drives
    OCZ aGILITY 3, 120Gig + Seagate 500Gig x 2
    PSU
    Silverstone da700 // Corsair 520hx
    Case
    Rosewill BlackHawk Ultra // Antec 900v1
    Cooling
    Twin CM Hyper 212+ // Noctua NH-u12
    Other Info
    Acer 8930 laptop with x9100...
Well, I'm not surprised. I think computers hate me. I've been having a string of bad luck with mysteriously unsolvable problems in the past month or so.

First my video card dies, then I got a new one but my computers starts crashing. I couldn't really solve it and blamed the video card and tried all these driver things and other suggestions from support forums. Then eventually it wouldn't even post...so I guess it's the BIOS so I got an entire new system upgrade practically. Then my IE took like half a minute to come up for no apparent reason. Nothing I did and no forum suggestions solved it so I reinstalled the OS...and it STILL lagged on launch. So did Chrome and Safari in the exact same fashion but not FF and Opera. Weird right? No conclusions and I left it like this for like a week. Then magically today, all the browsers fixed themselves after I did a Windows Update of MS Essentials definitions and Windows Phone device install. Both of which have nothing to do with browsers. And now this mysterious problem that defies logic. I'm just waiting for this WMDC to delete all my contacts permanently. :p

Oh, yeah, and in the midst of all this I got a TiVo...which had these mysterious network problems where it can see the internet and my PC, but my PC couldn't see it. But then magically it solves itself...then beaks itself...then solves itself again! And it wasn't because of wireless because I tried wired, and it did the same thing.

My Computer

I realised that SyncCenter downloaded automatically because I could see my device in Explorer, but Windows Mobile Device Center did not download, despite the validation confirm.
I then googled drvupdate-x86.exe and downloaded it from another site.
It then loaded and worked though it took two attempts.
Interesting the browser issue, I am on IE8.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Philips X62
Back