how long should i turn on my pc

I heard that turning you computer off multiple times a day can actually wear down your computer and make the lifetime go down...I have a laptop. If this is true, would it be better to leave it on for longer periods because I shut my laptop completely off multiple times a day. I also heard it was good to turn your computer off about once a week to give the computer a reboot.

I've actually heard the same and it does make sense. That's the main reason I rarely ever turn it off. I'll just pop it in safe mode if need be.

Edit: Sleep mode.... not safe mode. My bad.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Intel Core2Duo E8400 3.0GHz
    Motherboard
    eVGA NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI
    Memory
    OCZ NVIDIA SLI-Ready Edition 4x2GB PC6400 DDR2800 4-4-4-15
    Graphics Card(s)
    eVGA GeForce GTX 260 896MB GDDR3
    Sound Card
    Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 7.1
    Monitor(s) Displays
    LG - 23" Widescreen Flat-Panel LCD HD Monitor - Black
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080
    Hard Drives
    Seagate Barracuda 250GB 7200RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
    PSU
    OCZ GameXStream 600W
    Case
    Cooler Master HAF 932
    Cooling
    Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro CPU Cooler, 6x120mm, 2x140mm
    Other Info
    Logitech G51 155 watts RMS 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers
yea. i understand. i somtimes do dat too. lol
I ask again, please post with the most correct english you know (I understand we have Non-english speakers, but still).

@SMOKKINU: I believe the WR OC on a P4 is something around 8? But I don't know for sure.

~Lordbob

8ghz? Man... those guys are nuts hahahaha....

And yean kiddieboy12... you've been asked numerous times to type in a coherent fashion... what is with todays youth? (I am 28, but wow) it is bad enough today they speak like they have no education, but then carry over the ebonics and jive over into actual typing? *shaking head*
I am 17 and I speak in slang a lot of the time (but still REAL english) but I write correct written english. Except for some of the stupid rules, like "in the year 1999" is incorrect, but whatever (learned that from the SAT).

I blame the whole bad language and writing thing on IMing and Texting. I text and IM (rarely) with correct english because I HATE the acronyms. The few I use are Lol, ROFL, ROFLMAO. (and Hydroxide sodium phosphide phosphate) I love that one.... my friend came up with it.

~Lordbob

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Custom
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS P5QC
    Memory
    2x2GB
    Graphics Card(s)