how to populate COMMENTS column in Windows Explorer?

According to your recommendation I have to download and install CommentConfig. The author states its for Win 32 bit but I have Win 64 bit so I'm not sure it would work. Besides, doesn't native Vista somehow allow for Explorer comments without additional software installations?
Thanks for your sugestion.
Dan

My Computer

bromberg:

Comment Column

With Windows Explorer set to Details view, if you open the file properties of certain file

types such as Word documents or Excel spreadsheets, you can add explanatory text or comments to the Comment column.

To add comments to a file that you can view in Windows Explorer:

Right-click the file name and open the Properties dialog box.

Select the Summary tab. Select the Comments icon and type your comments in the text box.

When finished, click OK. You can also enable a folder to display information in the Comment column by using a

Customize This Folder wizard:

Open Windows Explorer and select a folder for which you want to add comments.

To launch the wizard, from the View menu, select Customize This Folder.

When the Welcome to the Customize This Folder Wizard window displays, click Next.

Select the Add Folder Comment check box. Clear all remaining check boxes, and then click

Next. In the Folder comment: text box, enter your comments. When completed, click Next.

To complete the wizard and have your changes take effect, click Finish. Courtesy -

Microsoft TechNet

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They don't make it easy.
I don't use MS Office so I haven't tried it.

Ardneh

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Compaq/SR5130NX
    CPU
    AMD AthlonTM 64x2 3800+
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE
Hi Ardneh,

Once again, thanks for taking time to reply but when you say "Select the Summary tab" after right-clicking the file name and opening the Properties dialog box, THERE IS NO SUMMARY TAB! I've tried this on my Vista Home Premium PC and several XP PC's as well. None of them offer a tab named SUMMARY.

So I suppose the new question is: HOW DO I GET A SUMMARY TAB in PROPERTIES?

Thanks once again.

Dan

My Computer

bromberg:

HOW DO I GET A SUMMARY TAB in PROPERTIES?

Very good question.
Perhaps it is present only in higher grades of Vista, anyone with Ultimate, etc. know?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Compaq/SR5130NX
    CPU
    AMD AthlonTM 64x2 3800+
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE
Back