Solved How to save Windows Live Mail 2009

I am using Vista SP2 with Windows Live Mail 2009. Attached is a screenshot of the version I am using.

I recently downloaded its update but I didn't like it as it is heavier on resources while the 2009 version is rather light and opens faster.

How do I save this 2009 version for future use or on another computer? Will it work on Windows 7 if I choose to upgrade the OS?

Charlie

About.png

My Computer

If it is installed and you didn't save the installation files when you first installed it, there's no way to create an installation file from your system.

I'm not sure, but the version is 14 something and 2011 is 15 something, so this may be what you want. Be warned that I've heard uninstalling 2011 is a bear and sometimes prevents installing 2009 even when uninstalled. I'd use Revo on 2011 or http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/284645-windows-live-essentials-uninstall.html to be more sure. Again, I don't know for sure if this is it, but it's all I could find other than torrent sites after 30 minutes of searching. Download Free Windows Live Essentials, Windows Live Essentials 14.0.8064.0206 Download. I also understand you can't mix and match programs from the different versions, so if you switch to 2009, you need to switch all the applications you're using and not just Windows Live Mail (though you can choose to install and use only WLM 2009).

I hope this helps and is what you're looking for. Save this download and you should be able to use it to install on another computer. I'm almost positive it works with Windows 7. You will need to separately save your data and settings from your current version if you want to transfer them to the new/old version.

Good luck!

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inc. MP061 Inspiron E1705
    CPU
    2.00 gigahertz Intel Core 2 Duo 64 kilobyte primary memory
    Motherboard
    Board: Dell Inc. 0YD479 Bus Clock: 166 megahertz
    Memory
    2046 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM) [Di
    Sound Card
    SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Generic PnP Monitor (17.2"vis)
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1200 pixels
    Hard Drives
    Hitachi HTS541616J9SA00 [Hard drive] (160.04 GB) -- drive 0, s/n SB2411SJGLLRMB, rev SB4OC74P, SMART Status: Healthy
    Case
    Chassis Serial Number: 5YK95C1
    Keyboard
    Standard PS/2 Keyboard
    Mouse
    Logitech HID-compliant Cordless Mouse
    Internet Speed
    1958 Kbps download ; 754.8 Kbps upload
    Other Info
    Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-5540A ATA Device [CD-ROM drive]

Dell AIO Printer A940

Conexant HDA D110 MDC V.92 Modem

6TO4 Adapter
    Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller
    Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter
    Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
    Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

Router Linksys / WRT54G -01
Excellent news! Well done. If you ONLY reverted that one program from 2011 to 2009 (and not the entire suite), you may encounter some problems getting it to work "nicely" with the 2011 programs (or so I've been told). But if that's the case, I imagine you'll find out soon enough and then open a new thread and we'll see if there's a way to fix it that isn't drastic. In the meantime, just in case that ever becomes required, I recommend you download and save the entire 2009 suite (from the link I gave) as it is likely to disappear and you may not have another opportunity to get it again. Yes, it will take up some space, but not much and I see it as a good fallback position and safety precaution.

Thank you for the feedback - it is appreciated.

I will request that this thread be marked solved.

Good luck and best wishes - and remember, we're always here for you (even if it may not be me the next time).

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inc. MP061 Inspiron E1705
    CPU
    2.00 gigahertz Intel Core 2 Duo 64 kilobyte primary memory
    Motherboard
    Board: Dell Inc. 0YD479 Bus Clock: 166 megahertz
    Memory
    2046 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM) [Di
    Sound Card
    SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Generic PnP Monitor (17.2"vis)
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1200 pixels
    Hard Drives
    Hitachi HTS541616J9SA00 [Hard drive] (160.04 GB) -- drive 0, s/n SB2411SJGLLRMB, rev SB4OC74P, SMART Status: Healthy
    Case
    Chassis Serial Number: 5YK95C1
    Keyboard
    Standard PS/2 Keyboard
    Mouse
    Logitech HID-compliant Cordless Mouse
    Internet Speed
    1958 Kbps download ; 754.8 Kbps upload
    Other Info
    Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-5540A ATA Device [CD-ROM drive]

Dell AIO Printer A940

Conexant HDA D110 MDC V.92 Modem