I dowloaded a rar/zip files of 256MB however when i extracted is 3.58G what program c

Stuckfree

I dowloaded a rar/zip files of 256MB however when i extracted is 3.58G what program can was used to compress too much?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP
    CPU
    2 G
    Motherboard
    HP
    Memory
    2 G
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD
    Sound Card
    REALTEK
    Monitor(s) Displays
Re: I dowloaded a rar/zip files of 256MB however when i extracted is 3.58G what progr

What was the extension of the compressed file and what types of files did it contain?

But it really isn't about the program doing the compressing but the data that is being compressed. Some types of files, such as many image files, are already compressed and any attempts at further compression will accomplish little if anything. Some file types, such as text files and some others, compress very well.

My Computer

Re: I dowloaded a rar/zip files of 256MB however when i extracted is 3.58G what progr

What was the extension of the compressed file and what types of files did it contain?

But it really isn't about the program doing the compressing but the data that is being compressed. Some types of files, such as many image files, are already compressed and any attempts at further compression will accomplish little if anything. Some file types, such as text files and some others, compress very well.

Hi LMiller,
The file that i downloaded with the extension of .zip inside the the zip file is a .iso extension.

Regard Stuckfree,
Thanks.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP
    CPU
    2 G
    Motherboard
    HP
    Memory
    2 G
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD
    Sound Card
    REALTEK
    Monitor(s) Displays

It sounds like the decompression got stuck in a loop. Multi-GB iso images compressed to less than a GB would be written up as amazing. Sounds like something is broken.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    HP Pavilion m9515y
    CPU
    Phenom X4 9850
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Some Radeon Cheapie with 512 MB Ram
    Monitor(s) Displays
    CRT