Im Steaming right now.

dannyyy

Hey guys, Vista is a pile of poopy.

I dont know what has happened but evertime i turn my computer on the appearance has changed to windows standard, I change it back to Windows Aero and click apply and ok. I turn my computer on and its back to Standard.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Can you help me?

Thanks, Danny

Joan Archer

Cross Stitch Queen
Vista Guru
They probably would if you'd filled out your System Specs so we knew just what sort of machine you have.

pacinitaly

HappyGuru Lovin2Help
Vista Guru
try the attached, if it works or create a shortcut

%windir%\system32\Rundll32.exe dwmApi #102

Attachments

• rundll32.exe
    43.5 KB · Views: 87

Dzomlija

Resistance is Futile
Vista Guru
Gold Member
Saying "you need premission to perform this action"

What do i do?

If UAC is only giving you a Continue or Cancel option, then click on Continue. If it's asking for a password also, then enter the appropriate password then click Continue.

BUT: Do you have the latest motherboard and graphics drivers installed on your system?

dannyyy

Saying "you need premission to perform this action"

What do i do?

If UAC is only giving you a Continue or Cancel option, then click on Continue. If it's asking for a password also, then enter the appropriate password then click Continue.

BUT: Do you have the latest motherboard and graphics drivers installed on your system?

UAC is ON

yes i have the latest dirvers

Katokato

Banned
did you try system restore points? Going back to a date before your desktop got modded probably should do the trick.

youngfarm

What's with Vista. I barely know how to turn on this laptop and then the icons
are rearranged and I can't return them to original space....any clue on what command to use. Many articles written about Vista being lousy....have had this laptop just over 1 year Inspiron 1525 by Dell....things change without giving the owner/user any options. Zaaaap it's different now....tuff bongos for me.

schmitman

What's with Vista. I barely know how to turn on this laptop and then the icons
are rearranged and I can't return them to original space....any clue on what command to use. Many articles written about Vista being lousy....have had this laptop just over 1 year Inspiron 1525 by Dell....things change without giving the owner/user any options. Zaaaap it's different now....tuff bongos for me.

youngfarm, right-click on your Desktop, select View, and select "Align To Grid"
This gets rid of the "Auto Arrange" and lets you put your shortcuts where you want them.

youngfarm

Thank you for the suggestion on eliminating the blank space on right margin. It is still there, so guess I can't follow instructions to well. The space shows the various windows I have open, the McAfee logo, and the time, date, the Vista Forum logo,...I'm still puzzled how to move all these logos to bottom of screen where they originalls showed up.

Katokato

Banned
reformat your hard drive, install vista, but back up files first.
OR
Make a new user account, change it to admin then delete the one you're using right now, there are too many variables for this right now, so you should start fresh with annother account. Viruses,graphics card, spyware, malfunctioning anti viruses, etc....

Also post a screen shot for us to see what you're talking about.

youngfarm

Thank you Katokato....I will have to contact another person with much more
knowledge than I have. I do not know how to post a screen shot....the area containing the garbage is beyond the right margin of this laptop and can actually be made larger using horizontal arrows which appear when the cursor is moved to the edge and I click and drag...