Internet Explorer 8

fieseler

Vista Guru
Ive d/led the beta for IE8, dont know whether to insatll or not. What do ppl think of the new browser? What bugs have been encountered?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    §ĮŁΣNŦ Д$$Д$$ĮN
    CPU
    Xeon X3360
    Motherboard
    P5W64 WS Pro
    Memory
    Corsair XMS2 8gb @ 5-4-4-12 833mhz
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA Geforce GTX470 SC+
    Sound Card
    X-Fi Extreme Gamer Fatlity Edition
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung T200
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    WD 1TB RE3
    PSU
    Thermaltake Toughower 750w
    Case
    NZXT Lexa Silver
    Cooling
    Zalman CNPS10x Extreme
    Keyboard
    Razer Lycosa Mirror
    Mouse
    Razer Deathadder 3500dpi
    Internet Speed
    24Mb/s
    Other Info
    My massive wifi antenna is in the post!
Some interesting addons useful for developers, i try to manage with it.
Anyway if you don't like it you can deinstall it, not through programs but as a windows addon.

BTW, if Shawn reads this post, have a look, this is how the forum looks like in IE8.

Last edited:

My Computer

Ive d/led the beta for IE8, dont know whether to insatll or not. What do ppl think of the new browser? What bugs have been encountered?
Depends on your tolerance for pain. This is an early beta 1 release, so you need to expect that you will encounter quite a few bugs that will still need to be ironed out. Some pages will not render correctly in IE 8 and it seems to really suffer a lot of problems when browsing secured websites.

Unless you are a serious developer or web designer I'd probably avoid it until at least beta 2. Even then I wouldn't consider installing IE8 on my primary PC for use as a "daily driver" on the web, it is often quite difficult to remove betas and get things working correctly again afterwards if there are problems. A much better idea for experimenting with these types of betas is to install them on virtual PC images, that way it won't bork your entire system when it crashes...

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Intel Q6600 quad
    Motherboard
    MSI P6N Diamond
    Memory
    4 x 1GB Corsair XMS2 PC-6400
    Graphics Card(s)
    2x MSI NX8600GTS-OC (512)
    Hard Drives
    1x 150GB Raptor
    4x 500GB Barracudas
    1x 300GB Barracuda

Personally, I won't install IE8 at this time. IE is too integrated with the OS to be playing around with. To keep your system stable, stay away from IE8 until all the bugs are worked out. I've heard many people having trouble. For me, I don't need the extra problems that will crop up with IE8.

It's best to stick with IE7 for the moment. My .02

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Intel Q6600 Quad Core 2.4 Ghz
    Motherboard
    Dell 0TP406
    Memory
    4 X 1 GB DDR2 Kingston 800 Mhz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia 8800 GT 512 MB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dual Dell 22" Widescreen
    Screen Resolution
    3360x1050
    Hard Drives
    320 GB Internal Main
    500 GB USB External
    160 GB USB External
    2TB USB External
    Internet Speed
    DSL 3MB
IE is too integrated with the OS to be playing around with. To keep your system stable, stay away from IE8 until all the bugs are worked out. I've heard many people having trouble. For me, I don't need the extra problems that will crop up with IE8.
It's best to stick with IE7 for the moment. My .02

It is more than beta 1, i ran already few fixes and run smoothly apart from some bugs which appear on few sites (like this forum).
As we run a lot of sites, we have to do with to be sure that they run with it and use all the capabilities.
No problems so far with regards to the whole system, no crashes, etc....
Therefore, when i surf "normally", i still use Maxthon browser with an IE7 base and it still works fine.
Of course, if you are not a developer, no special needs to use IE8 except if you are a regular Ebay user for example.

My Computer

Back