• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Solved Internet Explorer has stopped: RE: APPCRASH

* Every time I try to access ANYTHING on the internet....i get the following. Has never happened before. I've recently had my notebook reformatted and yes!, it has the latest java. Anyone know how I could fix it before i take it back to the experts?
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: iexplore.exe
Application Version: 7.0.6000.16890
Application Timestamp: 4a619d6d
Fault Module Name: StackHash_8d13
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 05b807e0
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 5129
Additional Information 1: 8d13
Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
Additional Information 3: 8d13
Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311

H2SO4

A bit of a numpty
Vista Guru
* Every time I try to access ANYTHING on the internet....i get the following. Has never happened before. I've recently had my notebook reformatted and yes!, it has the latest java. Anyone know how I could fix it before i take it back to the experts?

To obtain more info which may help to understand the crash condition:

1) Fire up Regedit.
2) Navigate to this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting
3) Right-click in the empty white space, then "New", DWORD, call it ForceQueue and set the value to 1.
4) Reproduce your IE crash.
5) Check under C:\Users\<your_account>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive - there should be a new entry (folder) in there for your latest IE crash.
6) Zip up the CAB file from that folder and upload it here.

Analysis of the memory dump (MDMP) in that cabinet file may pinpoint the crash reason. It is almost certainly an add-on. Selectively disabling add-ons (IE has quite granular control over what's loading and what's not) can also help to find the one responsible, but it's not as direct in terms of troubleshooting.

Brink

Staff member
mvp
Hello Akarriemm, and welcome to Vista Forums.

To receive better help you should create a new thread of your own to post your issue in instead since your issue may be different than the one in this thread. :)