Internet Explorer Save/Open Function

rajinisback

Vista Pro
Hello everyone!
Last night I installed Bitcomet (latest version). Well I'm done using it and I uninstalled it via programs and features. Then I rebooted. Now when I find a file on Internet explorer 7 (any kind of file really) that I want to save or open, nothing happens.

If I click on a file to download the usual Windows Prompt opens and asks me to Save/Open/Cancel and if I click Open or Save, nothing happens. This use to work fine before I installed BitComet.

I figured out the problem. When you install bit comment it ties itself to I.E. browser extension during the install. So it kinda becomes the download manager for I.E. So I need to figure out how to set this back to default since I uninstalled Bitcomet.
I set programs to default. I looked in file extensions and that looks normal. Crap this sucks! :)
Any ideas?

Raj :)

Last edited:

My Computer

You could try opening Internet Options in Control Panel. Click on the Programs tab and select Manage Add-Ons. It is possible that removing BitComet did not remove the reference within Internet Explorer.
Other than that may be worth checking your File Associations and make sure BitComet is not set as the default application for opening specific file extensions.

Retro

My Computer

Correct! In the Manage Addons there are 2 instances of bitcomet that are listed and one of them is said to be a "browser extension". Problem is the delete button is greyed out. Hmm how can I get rid of it?

Raj :)

My Computer

Back