internet x64 problem

erestel

I have been using Vista Ultimate x64 for more than a year now and this just came up. i realized that i cannot connect to the internet using any x86 programs. my usual firefox 2.0.x would not load any webpage but instead stay on a blank page with the correct address in the address bar. whenever i quit firefox it crashes, and similar thing happens for safari, or IE7 x86. i can only access the internet with IE7x64.
i did not do anything between the last time i could access the internet with other programs fine, and the first time i come across this problem. my windows updater is turned off and no updates have been installed during either.
and i dont know if this is the same problem, the just-in-time debugger keeps coming up and ask if i want to debug. if i close the window it reopens, and if i say yes a message box says "cannot create appication folder" or something like that.
wonder if anyone knows what the problem is? thanks.

another problem, this one with IE7:​
since first day using IE7 i have had problem installing plugins to it. everytime i visit a page with a adobe flash file on, IE would prompt me to install the flash player plugin, sometimes twice in a row, while nothing actually happens. same goes for java. anything helpful is appreciated. thanks.

My Computer

I have got the same problem, as erestel has, exept of that plugin stuff. I reinstalled the Ethernet driver, tried many settings, but nothing has changed, only the x64 applications can connect to the internet (Vista and IE7 64bit, oh and I tried a 64 bit torrent client as well, that was working properly).
I run out of knowledge and ideas, how to correct the problem. Please help me!!!

My Computer

after looking around on the internet i actually found a working fix. the problem seems to be NOD32. so disconnect from the internet, uninstall and reinstall NOD32 and everything should be alright.

My Computer

Back