ip conflict, no automatic renewal, DHCP lost and other things!!

ages_devil

hi everybody,
i installed vista x64 recently, everything works fine except one thing, the network admin. installed mikrotik proxy server, i used to configure my ip manually(in XP and he installed the server right after i installed vista so i wasn't able to try in XP) so if any conflict happened, the connection isn't interrupted, but now, as i get automatic ip address, when any conflict happened, the connection is lost, it returns only after diagnose and repair. i tried disabling ipv6 like some suggested, but nothing happened and sometimes the whole connection stops working, so how to fix this?
the other problem is that after installing any windows update, the network connection is lost, i found that all of the internet and network services are not working and when trying to running them, errors appear, like "can't start this service, depending service is not running" and other times, error messages with number appear, but can't remember them. so why does this happened?

My Computer

ok, after searching for more than a week, i found that the cause of all these problems, is installing the tcp/ip limit patch on vista. anything that is done after the patch is installed may lead to stopping the network and internet connections.

My Computer

Hi ages_devil!

I was wondering if you can give me an aticle number on this TCP/IP limit patch? I would like to read up on it please. Thank You

Raj

My Computer

i can't remember the site or the article that I've read about the problem in it exactly, but i think it was on some forums, other people mentioned that after applying this patch, many of vista's services and the network connection stops working

My Computer

Back