Keyboard/mouse goes to sleep

3DPiper

I have a second wireless USB Keyboard and mouse in my living room as an extention to my PC. After about 5 mins it goes to sleep, and I have to go back to the office and unplug/replug the USB transmitter so it will wake up.. Is there a way to have it on all the time? I didn't have this problem with XP, it stayed on all the time.

-Matthew

My Computer

I have a second wireless USB Keyboard and mouse in my living room as an extention to my PC. After about 5 mins it goes to sleep, and I have to go back to the office and unplug/replug the USB transmitter so it will wake up.. Is there a way to have it on all the time? I didn't have this problem with XP, it stayed on all the time.

-Matthew

3DPiper – I think this might be more of a mouse/keyboard problem than an OS problem. Have you checked with the mouse manufacturer’s support site?

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS M1330
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Duo
    Memory
    3GB
It is a Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse combo:

Wireless Laser Desktop 4000

There are no specific drivers that I know of, I just hooked it up and it worked..

Under WinXP I had no problems, but we've recently made the move up to Vista and suddenly the wireless keyboard and mouse radio turns off every 5 mins..

-Matthew

My Computer

Back