Keyboard stops working

I'm having an issue with my laptop keyboard not registering what keys I type. It's been starting when I'm using Microsoft Works. I've tried a few of the different Fix It- Microsoft ATS that seemed to apply, and that works for a little while, but then the problem returns when I'm using Microsoft Works. Once the problem happens, I can't use the keyboard again at all in any program until I reboot.

There was a Windows update yesterday that I installed that I thought could be causing this issue, but I was unable to find a System Restore point available to go to that was prior to the update to see if that helped.

Other things I tried are cleaning the registry, doing a scan/Deep Clean. I'm running low on ideas, anything else I can try? Below are my system specs:

Dell Inspiron 1525
Vista Home Premium 32bit
Intel Premium Dual CPU T2370 @ 1.73GHz
Memory 2 GB

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inspiron 1525
    CPU
    Intel Premium Dual CPU T2370 @ 1.73GHz
    Memory
    2 GB
Welcome
Some suggestions
Stop using those reg cleaners, they may have even been the cause of the problem. If they were not, they may cause different problems in the future
Go to search, by start button, type device manager and look for any small yellow markers near the keybaord drivers. If there are, update.
If they are not, update to the most current from the company website (the company that made the keyboard)

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam