KWorld ATSC 310U (USB) driver Help!

ktr

Hello

I've just purchased a Kworld ATSC HDTV Tuner (analog/digital) but I can't get it to work under Vista 64bit.

I'm using Home Premium 64bit, the tuner model# is VS-ATSC 310U.

What happens is when I plug it in Vista detects it and installs its own drivers, (for the audio and something else) but not for everything. If I point it to the downloaded drivers it says no valid driver found. (:::: Welcome to KWorld Computer Global home page :::::) (i have downloaded the version 5.7.0112.0 vista drivers,)

If I try and run the setup.exe that is with the drivers, it says no compatible device found! Help!!

(Other system specs: Atlon64 3200+, gigabyte nvidia chipset mobo, Radeon 9600pro, 1.5gb ram, etc.etc.)

any one had similar problems? or solutions!!!? cheers

My Computer

do you run the setup exe as admin if not right click on the setup exe and run as admin

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    PHENOM II X4 Quad Core 965 Black Edition CPU, 3.40 GHz
    Motherboard
    GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
    Memory
    G.Skill 4GB (2x XMS3 2GB) PC-12800 (1600MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    nvidia 9500 gt
    Sound Card
    on board
    Monitor(s) Displays
    T231H / X243H ACER
    Screen Resolution
    1980x1050
    Hard Drives
    Hitachi 500 samsung 1terabyte wd 750
    PSU
    550 watt
    Case
    cooler master
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    microsoft
    Mouse
    logitech
    Internet Speed
    8000 dl 356 ul
    Other Info
    booting xp32 2x dual pci-e digital tv tuners
    xp pro v 1xpci digital tv tuners
    vista ultimate 64 1x pci sat tuner
    win7 64
    win8 64
Heyya. Yeah I tried running as administrator with no luck. Its weird cause these are supposed to be vista cerified drivers! I've scoured the net with no luck so far :(

Anyone know much about this? or perhaps a success story?

My Computer

have you tried running the setup drv in the x64 folder

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    PHENOM II X4 Quad Core 965 Black Edition CPU, 3.40 GHz
    Motherboard
    GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
    Memory
    G.Skill 4GB (2x XMS3 2GB) PC-12800 (1600MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    nvidia 9500 gt
    Sound Card
    on board
    Monitor(s) Displays
    T231H / X243H ACER
    Screen Resolution
    1980x1050
    Hard Drives
    Hitachi 500 samsung 1terabyte wd 750
    PSU
    550 watt
    Case
    cooler master
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    microsoft
    Mouse
    logitech
    Internet Speed
    8000 dl 356 ul
    Other Info
    booting xp32 2x dual pci-e digital tv tuners
    xp pro v 1xpci digital tv tuners
    vista ultimate 64 1x pci sat tuner
    win7 64
    win8 64
heyya .

yeah i've tried the installer in the x64 and the roo of the driver (both norml and as adminisrator) each time it just says "KWorld PVR-TV BDA Driver Setup Wizard: System cannot detect the device on your computer, please make sure the device is connected properly."

So what I have tried, is going into device manager and uninstalling the unknown device (which is the usb tuner) then reconnect it.

At the bottom right the Driver Software Installation Vista thing pops up and I get the followng:

USB Composite Device: Ready to use
USB ATSC Hybrid Device: Ready to use
USB EMP Audio Device: Ready o use
Unidentfied Device: Waiting for user input....

and it pops up asking me for a driver (have tried searching windows update, no luck) and if I point it to my downloaded driver dir (Browse my computer fo driver software (advanced), it says no valid driver found!

check for a solution is no help either :(

When it eventually fails, I got this poppingup "This problem was caused by a compatibility issue between Windows Vista and YAMAHA DS-XG PCI Audio CODEC (WDM) and Gameport. This program was created by Yamaha."

Which is totally weird, (I am using Realtek mobo sound, no other soundcard). Is this part of the USB TVTuner?

Finally , back in device manager, I still have an unknown device, although the usb atsc hybrid and usb emp audio devices are in the sound, video controllers dial.

I've tried emailin kworld but no reply :(

My Computer

Thanks I will give it a try when I get home from work.

Btw, is anyone else using this card? It calls itself media centre compatible, but it isn't showing up at all. I installed its own tv software that came with it, but it seems to not work with vista, despite me applying the patch. (constantly complains I dont have media player 9 or highter installed, even though I have 11). Is this a problem because of filepaths or perhaps cause its 64bit?

My Computer

Back