Solved LEGO Racers error when trying to run

I've recently installed an old game called LEGO Racers. We've had this game for years, it installs fine and all that and installed all the necessary components during the installation (other than DirectX 6.1 which I don't need since it also said Direct X 6.1 or higher, I already have DirectX 10.)

But then when I try to run the game, the screen goes black, and then an error message comes up, titled "Fatal Error" and it reads "Unable to set message drain". Clicking ok simply closes the game in a flash.

Although, I did wash the CD with hot water because it was a bit grubby, but I'm sure that isn't related to the problem.

Anyone know how to solve this? I already have LEGO Racers 2 and I want to play the first one after a long time :(

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inspiron 530
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Keyboard
    Dell/Logitech
    Mouse
    Dell USB Mouse, Logitech Wireless Mouse or Windows Optical
    Other Info
    Thank you for everything you've done for me in the past years. I'm sorry that games require much more than you're capable of, but you'll never be forgotten as my first personal computer <3
Oops, diden't need to post that topic! Just had to run it in Windows XP (Service Pack 2)

Silly me! Anyway, keep this thread up so it will help others :)

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inspiron 530
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Keyboard
    Dell/Logitech
    Mouse
    Dell USB Mouse, Logitech Wireless Mouse or Windows Optical
    Other Info
    Thank you for everything you've done for me in the past years. I'm sorry that games require much more than you're capable of, but you'll never be forgotten as my first personal computer <3
Back