Solved looking for a reminder program which can be minimized to tray

Day24

Vista Pro
Hey all,

I have to take medication twice a day, and I tend to forget to take it. Now, I'm always at my computer, when I'm not working, so in the past I always set up outlook to give me notifications twice a day that I needed to take my meds.

Since having to do a clean install of vista, I'm having some problems getting outlook (the whole of office actually) to install properly. The only thing which really works is word, which is basically all I need, apart from the notification thingy of outlook. Also, in the past I noticed that outlook was kind of eating up some resources, and caused some problems if I just left it running all the time. As I use gmail, I didn't have it set up with a mail account, and it kept asking me to set it up, at least twice a week. Anyways, I would prefer not to use outlook anymore.

So right now I'm temporarily using windows calender (or agenda, as it's called in the dutch version), but it can't be minimized to tray. Now, it has the advantage of giving me a notification even if I haven't turned it on. Unfortunately though, it only does so once. If I close the program after I've received a notification, it then no longer notifies me for the next time I need to take my meds.

So I was wondering if anyone knows a (preferably free) program which can give me 2 notifications per day, at preset times. The program needs to not take too many resources, and needs to minimize to tray.

If anyone knows anything, please let me know.

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0 Ghz
    Motherboard
    Asus P5K Pro
    Memory
    2 times 2GB Kingston (paired) DDR2 PC 6400
    Graphics Card(s)
    9600GT 512MB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung SyncMaster 226 CW
    Screen Resolution
    1680X1050
    Hard Drives
    74GB 10.000 rpm WD raptor
    750 GB Samsung F1
    750 GB Samsung F1
    2 WD 500 GB drives
    PSU
    Recom Power Engine 600 Watt
    Case
    Apevia X-cruiser Blue
    Cooling
    Auras CTC-868 CPU cooler; 7 Zalman 120mm, 1 Papst casesooler
    Mouse
    Logitech wireless trackball
    Internet Speed
    50 mbit synchronous fibreglass connection
thank you! I am going to check that out right now!!!!

I have set it up, and so far this looks to be exactly what I'm looking for!!!!! Thank you so much!

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• CPU
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0 Ghz
    Motherboard
    Asus P5K Pro
    Memory
    2 times 2GB Kingston (paired) DDR2 PC 6400
    Graphics Card(s)
    9600GT 512MB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung SyncMaster 226 CW
    Screen Resolution
    1680X1050
    Hard Drives
    74GB 10.000 rpm WD raptor
    750 GB Samsung F1
    750 GB Samsung F1
    2 WD 500 GB drives
    PSU
    Recom Power Engine 600 Watt
    Case
    Apevia X-cruiser Blue
    Cooling
    Auras CTC-868 CPU cooler; 7 Zalman 120mm, 1 Papst casesooler
    Mouse
    Logitech wireless trackball
    Internet Speed
    50 mbit synchronous fibreglass connection
Look at OnTimeRx for Windows. It does exactly what you're looking for and it's got a 30-day free trial.
Microsoft is preloading this program on new HP/Vista systems specifically marketed for seniors, but the program works for anyone who has to manage medications.
SeniorPC (Standard Desktop Package)
Check it out.

My Computer

Back