Looking for Docking Station

hangman

I'm looking for a relatively inexpensive docking station for my dell 1420 laptop and didn't have a clue where to start. Well, I did start looking but everything I found was well over $100 dollars so I chose to ask the forums where everyone knows about computers.

I want it to be able to hook me into my 17in lcd, printer, mouse, keyboard, ethernet (internet), and power.

Thanks! I look forward to your suggestions.

My Computer

Hi Hangman

Unless someone here has actually "Shopped for and purchased" one of these items, basically anyone else will have to Google search it and compare prices for you, and really...the shopping is your responsibility. We help you when it has technical issues but we can't find, comparison shop, and have it shipped for you.
We don't know where you live, Tim-Buck-2 or Hawaii so it's even hard to point you to a certain store because it may not be anywhere in your hemisphere...so now you know that it's not because we're ignoring you or anything, it's just that nobody has purchased one of these and basically are at the same starting point you are right now.

Here's the only advice I can give you. Google the product and find a few models that are available, then Google some model numbers with the word "reviews" in the search terms and find if anyone has reviewed them. Then when you have it narrowed to a couple of models, you can use Shopbot.com (or .ca) to do some comparisons.

Good Luck

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Personal Build
    CPU
    Intel E6750 Core 2 Duo
    Motherboard
    Asus Commando MoBo (P965/ICH8R)
    Memory
    4G's Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2 PC26400 RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    BFG 8800GTS OC2 320MB
    Sound Card
    Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Platinum FATAL1TY (next)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    2 x 22" w2207 LCD Monitors
    Screen Resolution
    1- 1680 x 1050, 1 - 1920 x 1080
    Hard Drives
    3 x 500G SATA II WD Caviar HDD's
    PSU
    EnerMax NoiseTaker II 600W
    Case
    NZXT Lexa Classic (modified, dual doored & windowed)
    Cooling
    Zalman 9700 CPU cooler, 4-120mm fans, 1-90mm
    Mouse
    Logitech Optical Trackman trackball
    Other Info
    NZXT Lexa Classic Case, Zalman 9700 CPU Cooler, 2 DVD Burners c/w LightScribe (Sony, TSST), Enermax NoiseTaker II 600W PSU with Custom Chrome cable sleeving, Hauppauge HDTV TV Tuner Card, 5.1 Logitech Z5500 speakers, 15 in 1 Multi-card reader
Back