Looking to speed up Vista in one way....

whyteo

Power User
Is there any way to disable Vista from running the DVD drive after clicking My Computer, exploring files, etc?

You know the one - Click on my computer - entire system must freeze and wait for CD/DVD Drive to spin to get drive icon/contents before the user can proceed :sleepy:-zzz

Thanks Yawl.

My Computer

This was the same in Windows 2000 pro, back in time I modified a setting in the registry. It did modified it to check every 15minutes for the devices(FD,HD,CD) disabling the automatic setting to do so on access of explorer. I will search for this on my Vista when I have some spare time left.

My Computer

Thanks for that, I suspected it was in the Registry Jungle somewhere alright....

This was the same in Windows 2000 pro, back in time I modified a setting in the registry. It did modified it to check every 15minutes for the devices(FD,HD,CD) disabling the automatic setting to do so on access of explorer. I will search for this on my Vista when I have some spare time left.

My Computer

although you should be able to correct this in the register, it is a problem that should not be.

I mean, how many of us use Vista x64 and how many have/had that problem?

Strange if you ask me.

François

My Computer

Back