Malicious update for Microsoft Outlook / Outlook Express (KB910721) | SophosLabs blogThis morning as I trawled the spam queues a sense of deja-vu descended on me when this subject line caught my eye:
Update for Microsoft Outlook / Outlook Express (KB910721)
Didn’t I see this a while ago and didn’t it contain a rather nasty Trojan?
The format of the October version differs slightly in that it includes a link to a website from which you may download the ‘Microsoft/Outlook/Outlook Express Update’ rather than an attached executable.
- LAPTOP. HP Pavilion dv7-1005TX .
- IntelCore [email protected] x2
- 4.00 GB installed, max capacity 8 GB.
- Graphics Card(s)
- Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT & 512MB DDR2 dedicated graphics mem.
- Monitor(s) Displays
- 17.0" diagonal WXGA + High definition brightview widescreen infinity display.
- Screen Resolution
- 1440 x 900
- Hard Drives
Drive 1. 298.09 GB Fujitzu MHZ2320BH G2 ATA Device
Drive 2. [ All as above.]
CONFIG. C:\287.65 GB, D:\298.09 GB, E:\10.44 GB.
- Laptop / notebook.
- Synaptics PS/2 Port touch pad.
- IBM enhanced
- Internet Speed
- ADSL [ Too slow.]
- Other Info