Solved Malware Problem, please help??

Please download and run the following tool to help allow other programs to run. (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com)
There are 6 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.

Windows Vista and Windows 7 users need to right-click and choose Run as Admin.

You only need to get one of them to run, not all of them.
  1. rkill.exe
  2. rkill.com
  3. rkill.scr
  4. rkill.pif
  5. WiNlOgOn.exe
  6. uSeRiNiT.exe

Now try to install and run Malwarebytes.

This is the fix. Run one of these programs to disable the virus.
Re-install your Virus-scan softwares
Run Virus scan, and have it remove the Trojans
And we're back in business!

Thank you to Corrine for getting us out of this jam.
Spread the word of this elaborate scam to those around you that are not as computer-saavy.

Cheers, everyone

My Computer

You are welcome, mailbox3. The credit, however, goes to "Grinler" at Bleeping Computer who devised those programs. Their sole purpose is to provide the means for you to be able to run programs such as Malwarebytes Antimalware and your antivirus software.

Be careful where you surf, either run an on-line scan with Secunia Software Inspector at Scan Now - Online (OSI) - Vulnerability Scanning - Secunia.com or install Secunia Personal Software Inspector. This will point out out-of-date and vulnerable versions of Adobe, SunJava and other software programs on your computer.

My Computer

I am very very happy to see that everyones problems have been solved. Corrine, forums are ment for many people to pitch in their two sense. If someone has information, like you did, then continue to post. The users will eventually realize and use your information. I am glad that everything is all set.
Also, along with the post quoted below, you should always have some sort of antivirus software on your computer. If you go to the main thread of System Security on this site, there is a list of free and extremely reliable AV software out there.

Good luck to all,
Ben

You are welcome, mailbox3. The credit, however, goes to "Grinler" at Bleeping Computer who devised those programs. Their sole purpose is to provide the means for you to be able to run programs such as Malwarebytes Antimalware and your antivirus software.

Be careful where you surf, either run an on-line scan with Secunia Software Inspector at Scan Now - Online (OSI) - Vulnerability Scanning - Secunia.com or install Secunia Personal Software Inspector. This will point out out-of-date and vulnerable versions of Adobe, SunJava and other software programs on your computer.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell
    CPU
    Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 420 @1.60 GHz
    Motherboard
    Dell Inspion 530 Default
    Memory
    PNY 4GB 240-Pin SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Gateway PnP Monitor
    Screen Resolution
    1024x768 @ 75 Hz
    Hard Drives
    Seagate 250G ATA SATA-II
    Case
    Dell Inspiron 530
    Cooling
    None
    Keyboard
    Logitech EX100 Combo
    Mouse
    Logitech EX100 Combo
    Internet Speed
    100 MB/s
I THANK YOU, Corrine! If I told you how grateful I am you'd think I was an ass-kisser! LOl. I am GRATEFUL! I had to do more work after just the initial scanning following this program, and still have a couple little things to clear up, but I am back on normal mode like...normal! :D

I also thank everyone for helping me. Many different pieces of advice probably helped to one extent or another, and it's all useful to know besides!

IMPORTANT!

In conclusion, I have discovered that Starfield Technologies was at the heart of this problem. They are considered a problem, and after stopping their process from running (wben) and removing their folder (which included the naaasty file "Desktop Notifier",) all these annoying little pop-ups have stopped as well! The malware found by Malwarebytes and AVG, while protected by the "rkill" software, removed some nasty viruses which stopped Internet Explorerer from going nuts. After this I removed a few unneeded processes, and discovered "wben", which led to me finding and removing the Starfield folder.

I remember now that problems of this nature began with Creative Products (after I removed its ZEN software) giving me a frequent ad pop-up, and then Internet Explorerer inexplicably shutting down on its own. Then after I downloaded the patch to "Age of Mythology", it all exploded into a frenzy of adware insanity. I'll never bother with Creative Products again!

Some anti-spyware programs still don't run, but surely I can get them working again. I'll continue investigating suspicious files and running processes. Hopefully this puts the matter to an END.

Thanks again! :cool:

My Computer

I am glad I returned to this thread after all, Neurolanis. After the clean-up is completed, will be the time to create a new System Restore point and remove the infected points. This will stop your A/V and anti-malware software from nagging you about infected items in System Restore.

• Click start, type Disk Cleanup in the search box
  • Right-Click Disk Cleanup and select "Run as Administrator" and accept the UAC elevation prompt.
  • Select the drive where Windows is installed (if you have more than one drive) and click "OK".
  • When the scan completes, check/uncheck desired boxes.
  • Next, please click the More Options tab at the top.
  • Click the "Clean up..." button under the "System Restore and Shadow Copies" section at the bottom.
  • Click Delete in response to the question "Are you sure you want to delete all but the most recent restore point?", click OK and answer Yes again.
  • The disk clean up utility will remove the selected items. When it completes, please restart the computer to properly record the changes made to the hard disk.

Happy New Year!

My Computer

This problem has never really gone away. Every day I have to run registry and other cleaners, run AVG and Norton, and every day they find things. When I started my laptop a few minutes ago it said that access to my desktop was denied. I ran SUPERAntiSypware Online Scan and found that "Rogue.SmartProtector" (the file that kept appearing before) was back again!!! I can't stand this daily battle, it will probably come down to me reinstalling Windows...

The following registry file is considered malware but will not let me remove it from my computer:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_SASDIFSV\0000

Whenever I try to it says "an error has occurred". Its permission is "everyone" so you wouldn't think it would deny me. Maybe it has a #&%*@ process running...almost every day I go over the registry and task manager processes. This is no way to live...

My Computer

Back