Microsoft Outlook 2007 does not open

ligaman

I am running Vista home premium. My MS outlook 2007 was working just fine two days ago and now it won't open at all, when i came back to my computer to check email i got the following message:

"Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. Errors have been detected in the file C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Micorsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst. Quit Outlook and all mail enabled applications, and then use the inbox repair too (Scanst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. For more information aouth the inbox repair tool, see Help".

I searched for that link and I couldn't find it anywhere in my computer, I also did a search for Scanst.exe file and nothing came up.
I am not a computer expert so any help will be very much appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 540

My Computer

Weird, I did a search for it and it wasn't there, too. So, I spend some time looking around, and was able to find the tool on my own.

Try going to C:\Prgram Files\Microsoft Office\Office12

It should be in there right under SCANOST. It's in all caps. Make sure you get the right one.

Best of luck.

My Computer

You'd probaly do best to create a new profile, if this works you can import the mail from you old PST file, then copy the new PST over to your existing mail store folder having renamed the existing one.

My Computer

Back