Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter#2

BluePeter

Hi forum,
Just had a factory reinstall on my Windows Vista Home Premium (64bit) and again I am in trouble. Finding it difficult to type at the moment because my hands are full of hair that I have just torn out.:mad: The staff are great where I bought the Laptop and have done at least three clean installs but they must be losing patience with me now. ...they do not show it ,however.
To-day, two days after the install the wretched unit is again acting up..Sound Vanished...Could not open Windows Media Player....Ages before I got an internet connection.....Snail pace opening and shutting down :cry: and now I am getting the above Tun Miniport error in Device Manager (yellow triangle) and no matter what I do I cannot rectify it..update driver/disable-enable. Cannot get any help on the Microsoft site (surprise/surprise). I have now come to the conclusion that Vista is the worst system ever. The young lady in the store that re-installed the thing suggested that the time had come to have Windows 7..and she was not trying to push it on me as she is only in Service Bay. I think I am at the precipice now and will wipe this wretched Vista off the machine and install 7. Everyone in the store recommends it. Vista is like the little girl in the Proverb "when she's good she's good but when she's bad she's wicked". Any views on the particular problem (miniport) or my general ideas on change ?

My Computer

Peter, lets slow down and think before spending money. If you reinstalled several times and still have problems, it would be my guess that the problem is with the computer and not the OS. See if this test shows anything.
http://windows.microsoft.com/upgradeadvisor
Some computer problems that will not allow Seven will be shown on the report.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Dell USB 4 button optical
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Peter, lets slow down and think before spending money. If you reinstalled several times and still have problems, it would be my guess that the problem is with the computer and not the OS. See if this test shows anything.
Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor - Download - Microsoft Windows
Some computer problems that will not allow Seven will be shown on the report.
Hello Rich,
Sorry for sounding panicky (but I was). Thank you for your sound advice (as always). I ran the Test and EVERYTHING passed apart from a few items from Cyberlink and HP Media and even these have options to obtain updated drivers from their sites. The ONLY item not compatible was the Digita Persona (fingerprint sensor) and it recommended uninstalling this before. This does not worry me too much as I don't use it. I use a Scandisk USB device for Ready Boost and even this passed. Heretofore, I had thought that this might be upsetting my system as I did not seem to have problems when not using it but it seems o'kay.
The upshot of all this is that I shall still upgrade to 7 this week as I am not prepared to put up with the vagaries of Vista anymore. The shop technician that will install the system will also obviously check everything you mentioned also. Thank you again. Peter.

My Computer

I think that all has turned out well. If nothing else we are certain that Seven should work on your system. I wish you good luck.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam