MIDI/GAMEPORT Driver

XweAponX

As we all know, the common MIDI GAMEPORT has been removed from the supported Driver section of Vista.

I happen to use my gameport. All of my motherboards or sound cards have this interface. Everyone I know has one of these on their system and uses it either as a Midi interface or for some 500 dollar Joystick or game controller. Any good mogtherboard usually has at least the connectors for the Gameport- My ASUS Board has these, all I had to do was get the connector.

Does anyone know, if there is a way to make a driver that would work under Vista?

And before anyone says "USB adapter" - Well, in the last year I have decided that USB is a less than satisfactory interface.

My Computer

As we all know, the common MIDI GAMEPORT has been removed from the supported Driver section of Vista.

I happen to use my gameport. All of my motherboards or sound cards have this interface. Everyone I know has one of these on their system and uses it either as a Midi interface or for some 500 dollar Joystick or game controller. Any good mogtherboard usually has at least the connectors for the Gameport- My ASUS Board has these, all I had to do was get the connector.

Does anyone know, if there is a way to make a driver that would work under Vista?

And before anyone says "USB adapter" - Well, in the last year I have decided that USB is a less than satisfactory interface.

This wil work with all gameports even if the ar not Creative ports :)

Good luck and have fun .
Gameport support pack for Vista 32-bit (x86), updated on June 15 - All native XP devices supported! - Windows Vista - Creative Labs

My Computer

Back