MIDI synth not recognised.

td6d

Hi there,

I bought a Doepfer Dark Energy synthesizer that should work plug-n-play via USB. The problem is, when I connect it windows asks me to instal the drivers, but there aren't any for this device. So whatever I do, I end up with the notification that my device isn't installed properly and it won't show up as a MIDI device in my DAW's. (digital workstation, like ableton live)

Now, a friend of mine has the exact same synthesizer and also vista x64, but it works with him! The only difference that I found is that my synth is listed as 'Other Devices' in my Device Manager whilst his is listed under 'Sound, Video and Game Controllers'.

I've been asking all around now for two days and I end up with the same advice everywhere; instal the driver(s). Is this a windows driver that I'm missing here? Ofcourse I have an original copy of Windows Vista.

Thanks alot!

My Computer

Just for extra clearance:

DDE.jpg

My Computer

I just got this from the manufacturer of the synth:

Oh - if it works on your Mac, then it's no hardware problem of the DarkEnergy or of the usb cable or something else.

Unfortunately then there are '1000' possible reasons hidden in the depths of windows who could cause the problem - nobody in the world knows ;-)
There is no proven way to solve such a problem and also no tool or something for that - unfortunately - if this problem occur.

If this is not too much work for you, you can try to install Vista new from scratch. But I also know some cases where this also didn't work - so maybe it could be a problem of a needed driver of the mainboard which disrupt the usb midi driver or something like that.

Also a easier solution could be to use an external usb midi adapter, which had it's own driver and did not use the windows system driver and hopefully this will work.
But these adapters are nowadays rare, because most use the windows driver - also when it seems that they install their own driver - this is in most cases only a wrapper which is around the windows drivers, to add some new functionallites.

Kind Regards

So I'm missing something in Vista itself, what could this be? Hardware drivers? Software? Would it be a good thing to reïnstall Vista for this or are the changes really small that this will work?

My Computer

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Self Build
    CPU
    QX9650 (black box) [email protected]
    Motherboard
    Asus P5Q Premium
    Memory
    8GB-4x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR 2-1066
    Graphics Card(s)