Solved Mis-spelled word that I've removed

jeanm

A while back I mis-spelled the word "and" and somehow managed to get it into the Live Mail dictionary. Anyhow I researched the problem and was told that if I went here:

[FONT=&quot]%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows Mail\UserDictionary.lex
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]then I would be able to locate the word and remove it. When I checked out the extensive list the wretched word wasn't there. So, for ages I've just put up with the problem. I've now researched again and thought I'd found a solution here:
[/FONT]
%localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Proof

Sure enough here was my mis-spelled "and" at the top of the list so I deleted it. However if I now mis-spell "and" (in the same way) in an email the spell check still doesn't pick it up as being incorrect.

Is there anything else I can try please? I'm forever getting the "n" and the "d" around the wrong way so I manually have to go looking for the word each time I write an email. It's driving me nuts. :confused:

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

My Computer

I've just checked back now and found it is now picking up on my mis-spelled word. It just seems to have taken a bit of time. Weird????

My Computer

Maybe you had to add it to the dictionary. If the problem is now fixed please click the caution symbol and mark the thread as solved

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Lenovo Thinkpad T400
    CPU
    Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P8700 @ 2.53GHz
    Motherboard
    LENOVO 64734VM
    Memory
    2.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 531MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family
    Sound Card
    Conexant 20561 SmartAudio HD
    Monitor(s) Displays
    15 inch
    Screen Resolution
    1280 x 800
    Hard Drives
    1x 180GB Intel 530 series SSD
    1 x 120GB Hitachi 5400rmp
    1 x 650GB Western Digital Elements 5400rpm
    1x 1Tb Western Digital Elements 5400rpm
    Internet Speed
    Medium for New Zealand
    Other Info
    Weakest part of my computer is the graphics chipset.
    Only ever used a laptop.
    Also use USB Freeview TV Card
    Lenovo Docking Station
    External Speakers
    Other bits a pieces as needed
I've just checked back now and found it is now picking up on my mis-spelled word. It just seems to have taken a bit of time. Weird????

What e-mail client do you use ?
Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail, MS Outlook, YahooMail etc ......

If you are using Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail, make sure you have enabled the option " Check my spelling as I type ", or the option " Always check spelling before sending " .

My Computer

I've got windows Live Mail. I've checked as you suggested and the option "Check my spelling as I type" is ticked. Hopefully now I shall not have any more problems. Thank you.

My Computer

I've got windows Live Mail. I've checked as you suggested and the option "Check my spelling as I type" is ticked. Hopefully now I shall not have any more problems. Thank you.

I have not solved anything ...... yet.

Good luck.
Please post back an update.

My Computer

Problem is solved. See my second post. It just seemed to take a while before I was able to type the word incorrectly and then have the spell check pick up on it. For a few minutes it wasn't picking up on it being a mistake and then all of a sudden it was finding the error. It's now working well.

My Computer

Back