Mobile Broadband Issue

docmagoo2

hey all, first post so can i start by saying great forum. Have found loads of useful info on here, but this it the first time I couldnt find an answer.

My problem is this :

I have a ZTE MF627 modem with a mobile broadband sim from O2 in it. Everytime I insert the USB device and use the connection manager software to initiate the connection windows vista askes me to set a location for the network, and suffixes it with a number

eg set a location for the O2 (5) network :home, work , public.

The first time i connected it was simply o2 as this was the name of my network. The problem lies when I disconnect and reconnect. For some reason vista seems to recognize it as a NEW network as opposed to reconnecting to the old profile and again askes me to set a location and adds a number thus creating a new profile. Its simply an annoyance having to set my location each time, and periodically having to delete some network profiles, but I was wondering if anyone has a solution to this. Connecting in the same USB port seems to have no impact at all.

see here for a screenshot

any help greatfully received.

Doc

My Computer

hi,
have you contacted o2 or visited their mobile technical support pages to see if there have been any other cases of this, or to see if there is an updated version of the connection manager that is compatable with your USB device.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Acer Aspire M5630
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    Motherboard
    Acer
    Memory
    4GB DDR2
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia GeForce 8400GS