Modding TCPIP.sys

Rednut05

Now, like a lot of other people out there, I use torrents a lot.

I use uTorrent and get some quite good speeds, but upon reading many tweak guides I'd guess you'd call them. They all recommend tweaking the TCPIP.sys file.

Now I did this on XP Pro went I had it and noticed an improvement. Brilliant.

But I have done it, maybe three times now on Vista 64. Every time, following guides people have raved about and once I've followed them to the T, upon reboot, I have had no internet and the only way I seem to be able to fix this, is by reinstalling the OS.

I had tried using the untweak reg file that some come with, backing up the original reg and trying to restore it. Basicly I've tried many things.

Now I say I've done this 3 times as each time I thought that I must have done something wrong for it not to work. So I would redo it.

Anyway. Does anyone have this tweaking working in Vista 64? All I get is a loss of internet connection to my computer. Or does anyone have any idea why this might be?

David

My Computer

Hmmm....

Well, are the guides written for Vista 64. I have this sneaking feeling that the way Vista uses TCPIP.sys is a little different from how XP did. Worse than that, you have a 64 bit system here, which might have some other issues attached (think of all the added security to prevent that kind of thing from happening accidentally).

I've never done any of that kind of tweaking, but it would concern me a bit. Anyway, just a couple thoughts for you.

My Computer

Yeah, there are guides for Vista 64. I've given up on it now unless someone can point out the problem i was having and solve it. Otherwise I'm leaving it be.

David

My Computer

I get same issue, have to unpatch for the old tcpip to work, when I go to Event viewer, says it can't load TCP/IP protocol cus its not signed,

Please guide us...

My Computer

what we need is a new patch, the old patch does not work with the latest windows updates. does anyone know what needs to be patched inside of the file to make it work!?

My Computer

Back