Mouse jumps during gaming

Kentakka

I play quite a few games, such as: SWTOR, Call of Duty series, World of Warcraft, DC Universe, SWG, etc...

Basically, I play games where i control a character.

At times, randomly, my mouse will jump while I'm playing the game.

What I mean is, I'm walking forward with my game. I could be walking towards my next quest, or looking straight ahead and getting ready for a headset in CoD.

Then, suddenly, I see myself looking down at the ground, or the sky, or even doing a complete 180, even though I didn't move my mouse in that direction.

It happens randomly. It doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes, it'll go an hour without doing it. Sometimes, it'll go a few hours without doing it.

It only happens sometimes, but it's quite annoying. I don't notice if it happens on my desktop, or when I'm browsing the internet. I don't pay much attention to the pointer, except of course in FPS games. I just notice it inside games, cause my character's view suddenly changes by itself.

The only thing I've found, after doing some research on my own, is this topic: http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/193254-mouse-jumps.html

I don't know if Windows Defender real-time protection is the problem or not. I'm mostly looking for help to see if anyone else may know what could be causing this.

I used to use a Logitech optical mouse. I cleaned it, but it was still causing it.
So I purchased a new mouse.

I am now currently using the Logitech G500 Laser mouse with 5600 dpi. This mouse has been doing the same thing inside games as my optical did. The mouse is brand new.

I tried using the older drivers. I've even tried upgrading to the newest drivers. It's not the mouse. I've tried numerous ones. They all do the same. It has something to do with vista or something. Vista is up to date with patches.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

My Computer

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Dell USB 4 button optical
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
Actually if you just installed, with a DVD, the drivers are as old as the DVD.
You may have done a clean install, but now test with a clean boot. Not the same thing.

My Computer

System One

• Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS420
    Memory
    6 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD3650 256 MB
    Sound Card
    Intergrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell SP2009W 20 inch Flat Panel w Webcam
    Hard Drives
    640 gb
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Dell USB
    Mouse
    Dell USB 4 button optical
    Other Info
    DSL provided by ATT
I didn't use the mouse drivers from the CD. I downloaded the latest ones from the Logitech website.

As for the clean boot, it only loads the required files to load the operating system. Are the games even going to be playing during that process? Because it seems to only really happen during gaming as far as I can tell.

My Computer

Back